Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a Muscle Mustangs an fast Fords mag, and they showed a picture of two of three SVT Focus test mules. All with a new hood and visable intercooler. They also stated each was equipped with a boost gauge? Since they are SVT test cars and were caught outside SVT I assume they are for real?

Question is will they be late 04 spring 04 as 05 or not at all? I did run a search but got way too many matches to sort!

Anyone who has anything offical?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
with the way that Focus performance models get held back and all that nonsense, I would say never..

hell look how long it took Ford to release the RS..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is dead as of 05 is that a fact? I mean no flames just wondering if its a rumor or a fact?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I see them getting rid of the SVT contour/taurus whatever it is, hell you NEVER see one of those.

I dont think the SVT focus will go anywhere. The mustang and the truck are 40k a piece. Thats not a good fast family car like the focus.

Personally i think they will take the duratech, supercharge it and turn out new SVTF's for around the 28k range.

Thats just me and im a dumbass so pay no attention.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Is dead as of 05 is that a fact? I mean no flames just wondering if its a rumor or a fact?
Well the Focus line gets all new engines next year, based off the Duratec, but far as we know there isn't a SVT Duratec engine. So I'm thinking that come next spring with the restyled 2005MY Focus and Duratec, the SVT Focus is dead till fall of 2005 as a 2006 Model.

Theres lots of rumors about the Cobra also with the new S197 platform...Either its coming out the same time as the GT and V6 or delayed a year like the Lighting. Ford is in a cash crunch right now so the SVT Focus might be a victim of this

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
I see them getting rid of the SVT contour/taurus whatever it is, hell you NEVER see one of those.

I dont think the SVT focus will go anywhere. The mustang and the truck are 40k a piece. Thats not a good fast family car like the focus.

Personally i think they will take the duratech, supercharge it and turn out new SVTF's for around the 28k

(your no dumbass..........its what we all want
)

·
Registered
62 Posts

Personally i think they will take the duratech, supercharge it and turn out new SVTF's for around the 28k

(your no dumbass..........its what we all want
)

Yeah, personally i think they should just say Eff the zx3 and make the duratech into the SVT model. Like the SI Hatchback from Honda. One model, one car.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts

Personally i think they will take the duratech, supercharge it and turn out new SVTF's for around the 28k range.

Well the SVT Contour has been dead for a few years already.

I see the SVTF definitely not being around for a year or two when the remodel happens in 05 or 06. But until then nobody knows whats going to happen.

Also this belongs over in SVT HQ.

Moving to SVT HQ...

·
Registered
643 Posts
Why would Ford keep the SVTF around when they can't even sell 4788 2002's and we are at the end of production of the 03's.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Well the Focus line gets all new engines next year, based off the Duratec, but far as we know there isn't a SVT Duratec engine. So I'm thinking that come next spring with the restyled 2005MY Focus and Duratec, the SVT Focus is dead till fall of 2005 as a 2006 Model.
The duratech 2.0 is same as zetec 2.0

1 - 14 of 14 Posts