Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My initial thoughts were that my car was shutting off like as if a bad fuel pump. Only thing is that my headlights remained but my radio light turned off and quickly back on.

It happened a few more times since the first one, and I have come to the conclusion that the engine itself was not turning off but just the power.

I had replaced the cables with one from FOCUS SALVAGE some 2 mnonths ago becuase I have having a postive terminal problem.

Could this be a bad ground now? The engine seems to still be on but when it does this the radio turns off then quickly back on, and I guess the power to the tranny goes off for a bit too and go back to a lower gear then changes to the proper gear.

I have a reman tranny as well with 30k miles on it. And done two tranny flushes.So it shouldnt be the tranny itself at least.

Any ideas?

Someone suggested ECU crank sensor problem. But that is dealing with the engine itself going off, but its not.

Like I said hte power would go off for a sec and then go back on just as quick. Its begining to happen more frequently I would like to get this resolved before it gets worse

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
could be a loose harness too. Maybeone of the block connectors or the firewall pigtail. Only thing you can do is inpect all the harnesses and wires as they enter the connectors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts