Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What\'s next???

Hi guys, I'll try to keep this simple right now I have an AEM short ram and a Yo-Dude/magnaflow exhaust on its way. What would be a good next step for $300 or less?(being poor sucks)I thought about pulleys but I have a ? there, if I get the 3 piece kit someone here said the alt pulley is a pain and suggested skipping it but I've heard the alt pulley itself is not an underdrive but matches the alt to the crank so they spin the same as the factory pulleys to keep from discharging. Anyone know for sure about the pulleys? Any suggestions on different mods would be great. By the way I have an '01 ZX3 manual. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Re: What\'s next???

Dude,
the alt pulley is lighter and looks pretty. That is about it. You get no gain from it...so its not worth the extra effort to put it on.

Good Luck

·
Registered
662 Posts
Re: What\'s next???

Originally posted by papasmurfZX3:
... the alt pulley is lighter and looks pretty. That is about it. You get no gain from it...so its not worth the extra effort to put it on.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Which is why Focus Central is no longer putting it in the kit and it's now a 2 piece kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts