Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What\'s the REAL drop on the FK 35/40mm kit?

I've heard the drop is lower than advertised, can anyone who has it tell me how much their car really dropped? I'd like to have no more than 1.6" drop for camber reasons.

If the chart I found online is right, and the drop is accurate too, the front would drop 1.3" and the rear 1.57" which would rock.

Thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
Re: What\'s the REAL drop on the FK 35/40mm kit?

FYI-The FK 35/40 kit is a 35mm to 40mm drop all around, not front/rear like most people think. However, the the 60/40 kit is 60mm front & 40mm rear. This is directly from FK.
IMHO-they need to clarify this somewhere so everyone ordering their kits will know.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for your response.

I just ordered the Apex kit from McNews though, I don't like how low the FK makes the front, I'll be running a 40mm offset wheel and they would more than likely rub with the front that low.

·
Registered
573 Posts

i have the 60/40 and it lloks liek im a ******* that decided to buy a focus and raise the ass of it. the car sits liek [censored]. im gonna have to do something about the 3.5 finger gap in the rear compared to the no finger gap in the front.,

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah, it really seems like they got the drop backwards, it would make much more sense if it dropped more in the back than the front.

It's a shame too, I really wanted to go with FK because of their reputation for quality. Here's to hoping I get a good set of Apexes with no leaks....

·
Banned
3,562 Posts

too soft in the front...maybe they didn't compensate for engine weight...hehe...with my 17's tho, the gap is much smaller.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts