Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What\'s the redline and can it be safely increased?

Hi everyone,

I have a 2.0 Zetec in my Superformance S1, twin Webcon throttle bodies, header, ally flywheel...

see http://www.bmxbasics.org/s12/tablepage.html for photos of the motor as installed.

Anyway, I have no idea what my motor's redline is, as odd as that sounds... but whatever it is I'd like to increase it since I'm using up first gear awfully quickly. Any ideas? thanks!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Re: What\'s the redline and can it be safely increased?

Damn that is phat.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

In the Focus, the Rev limiter is set to 6750, stock. In your case I have no idea what it may actually red-line at. But people have run the motor with stock internals up to 7200rpm safely.

I just want to add, I envy that car

- Drew

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

*wipes head*

Whew! I was worried because the redline came set from the factory in S. Africa as ***5800***! The car has a little trouble keeping the wheels under it in 1st and today I accidentally swung to 7K RPM. You guys have saved me a ton of worry...

Couple details on the car for those of you who said nice things about it. It weighs 1400 pounds with the motor in and a tank of gas. Transmission is a Ford Sierra five-speed. More photos on my web site,

www.mys1.org

I have been following the "turbo vs. supercharger" discussions with a lot of interest. I can't decide if I want to do FI or if I want to try a high-revving, high-power solution like the Focussport head kit, maybe with Ti springs.

I was also thinking that the 2.3 Duratec in the Ranger might be a nice combo with a turbocharger... up the displacement and keep the boost reasonable, and I'm already running an RWD bellhousing!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts

Very nice.

As others have stated the factory fuel cut/redline is 6750, you can get away with 7250. (although durabilty shifting constantly at that rpm is untested)

Not that it matters, peak power is around 5250 so you should be shifting shortly after 6000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts