Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 05 zx3 SE, and after washing it yesterday I noticed the front bumper wasn't painted very well. The car is yellow, and in the grill area between the fog lights the paint is very lightly sprayed on, and is a greenish color. What is Fords warrenty on crappy paint like this? The car is already going in next week to have a window seal replaced.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Bring it back they will fix it. I had clear coming off my car a couple years ago and the car was already 2 years old and they repainted that area free of charge.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
if it's new, the dealer should cover it. Some dealers will even give you full details (not just wash jobs....real 100% pure details) per warranty to keep your paint looking good. A lot of these dealers are hard to find, but I know we used to do it.

dentless dave!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if it's new, the dealer should cover it. Some dealers will even give you full details (not just wash jobs....real 100% pure details) per warranty to keep your paint looking good. A lot of these dealers are hard to find, but I know we used to do it.

dentless dave!!
Yeah it was just in for an oil change and road test (for the window seal) and I asked if they could wash it for me. They didn't, so I ended up washing it and found it. This will be warrenty issue number 3 for me. Had the car for 14 days
I really really think it was built on a friday.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts

dentless dave!!
Yeah it was just in for an oil change and road test (for the window seal) and I asked if they could wash it for me. They didn't, so I ended up washing it and found it. This will be warrenty issue number 3 for me. Had the car for 14 days
I really really think it was built on a friday.
how unfortunate it is that not all cars can be built on a Wednesday....isn't it...

I bet that would help sales.....

dentless dave!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts