Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What\'s this?

What is the big, square thing in my stock exhaust setup under the car about where the back of the back seat is located behind the muffler? Looks restrictive, should I cut it out?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Re: What\'s this?

WTF are you talking about?
do you have the normal 2.0 Zetec or something else (2.3 pzev or SPI)?

the Zetec stock system looks like this:

Nate

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

That's what's commonly refered to as the lunchbox or rear resinator. Some have cut it off and say that the sound got deeper and claim a power increase is evident as well.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts

That's what's commonly refered to as the lunchbox or rear resinator. Some have cut it off and say that the sound got deeper and claim a power increase is evident as well.
I doubt that. Plus having exhaust coming out under your car isn't the best idea. Save up the $225 or what ever it is for a magnaflow cat back.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

I doubt that. Plus having exhaust coming out under your car isn't the best idea. Save up the $225 or what ever it is for a magnaflow cat back.

Who said anything about having exhaust come out from behind your seat?
Pardon me for not expaining that you should replace that section with some piping and a nice tip.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts

Who said anything about having exhaust come out from behind your seat?
Pardon me for not expaining that you should replace that section with some piping and a nice tip.
The resonator doesn't provide as much restriction as the first one does. And you still have that too small stock piping in there also. Seems like a bad idea unless you're just trying to be <font color="pink"> fast and furious </font>.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts