Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car feels like its laggin all the time and a friend told me that a white puff of smoke comes out of my exhaust when I accerlerate hard. when I checked it out there is a brownish white film in and around my exhaust tip!!! Any ideas on what this could be

·
Registered
970 Posts
i think when u see white smoke coming out the tailpipe i think it from buring oil????

also how many miles do u have on it and what mods have you done?

[ 12-03-2002, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: the_enemy_within ]

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
possibly the cat....when my cat went out my tail pipe was covered in a grayish soot (the same color as cat internals)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Originally posted by Wedge1212:
possibly the cat....when my cat went out my tail pipe was covered in a grayish soot (the same color as cat internals)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that could be it honestly i dont know much about burned out cats, i only know about the burning oil b/c my old car did it.

how long have u had the car?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nah, white smoke means its burning water. As for the film on the tailpipe i have no idea but like he said before a list of mods and the miles on the car would be helpful.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Originally posted by Vegeta:
Nah, white smoke means its burning water. As for the film on the tailpipe i have no idea but like he said before a list of mods and the miles on the car would be helpful.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I stand corrected

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If its just a dirty grey color its probably the cat. I had that too on hard 1-2 shifts and I removed the cat and now its gone. My cat was all messed up inside

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
miles about 17000
and I have nology wirez, Intake and JBA headers

and it is a grayish film so it is most likely the cat well I'll take it out and check thanks.

Do you think all the back pressure from the headers with no exaust might have done it?

[ 12-04-2002, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: stylez ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts