Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont argue just what you think the best is.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I've been very happy with my MarcyMotorsport intake. I have over 20,000 miles on the car with the intake without a single problem from it. The gains for it are solid and posted, all you ahve to do is go to his website and you can see the before and after dyno's of my car with the intake.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I only have experience with the FS intake. 4000 miles and its doing fine...

From what I can tell MM and FS are more or less equal in performance. The only diff. is price and looks.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
We've had both the FS and the Cosworth. Either one is great -- the Cosworth is combined with L1&2 on our wagon, so it's hard to compare it 'stock-wise' to the FS. The Cosworth piece by itself is extremely light and well-made.

We had the FS intake with a cat back Magnaflow on our sedan, and the FS intake with Borla cat back on the wagon -- definitely more hp on the butt-dyno on both cars.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
On this car, you are pretty much going to see the same gains with an intake, roughly. I have learned that the MM and FS are about equal, just like hidrive said. You just have to decide if you're willing to pay more for the polished finish.

·
Registered
507 Posts
i am pleased with my focus central one

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have always been a K&N person so I was planning on getting a Marcy intake... however, I ran into a great deal on a FS one. It works awesome.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
FS or MM, i like things that are dyno tested, with nice big pics for me to pore over.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I like Cosworth's or F2's because they don't use the stock MAF tube. Easier for future upgrades.

But, I'm sure they'll all get pretty much the same HP gain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts