Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when my tires spin under quick accel. my front right wheel tends to hop. is this most likely caused by a weak spring or the open diff. our cars come with.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
G-sport makes traction bars for the focus, from what i hear they work very well in reducing wheel hop, and also picking up on traction at the track

G-Sport

hope this helps you
LAZ

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Are these strictly for straight line racing or are they useful for autocross applications. I guy I work with has them on his Civic and says they are awesome for Autocross.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
They should be really bad for autocross. You are adding a extra link to the front suspension, causing it to be over constrained. This can cause binding, and screw up the geometry.

·
Registered
31 Posts
will they work on an 05 model? It says in the mag that it is for a 2000-2003, but I don't know if they actually changed any of the major components that this would use since then.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
They should work on an '05. If it really does work on an '03, then it clears the Duratec's oil pan and will be fine for an '05. However, I'd be suspicious that if the company left out the 2004 model year, it won't work on any Duratec at all, even the '03s.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Thanks P-51. I thought that guy was full of it.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Well, a Civic might work differently. I don't hink it does, since we both have Mac strut front suspension, but it's possible that it does help on a Civic. Or, maybe he screwed his suspension up so badly (700 lb/in eBay coils and stock dampers) that a solid bar bolted to his control arms actually makes things better.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
He has some extensive work but it was performed by his brother who he bought the car from.

No biggie.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Those mounts will really give you a lot of vibration, though. You'll feel it in the steering wheel and hear it through the cabin. Be aware of that before you spend $300 on mounts.

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
doesnt lowering the car help as well, or am I full of it? you could just avoid wheel hop, I learned how to avoid it, not by mashing the gas in first coming into second..

if your wheelhopping too much on a stock focus, stop driving it wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts