Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure where to ask this but I think that this is probibly it. Anyway, I am thinking about getting the H*R 5mm hub spacers. Now my reasoning is to add a little space to 1) widen my stance ever so slightly to give me more stability and control 2) prevent rubbing if I got to a little wider tire and 3) to bring the wheels a little more to the edge so they are flush with the body and get it away from that teedering look. Now is this a dumb Idea? I know it really cant hurt anything (that I know of, correct me if I am wrong). thx for the help

·
Registered
751 Posts
Umm, its not gonna prevent rubbing, You're just gonna rub more the further you push the wheels out

If you are running stock wheels and suspension then you might not rub, but the second you lower the car it will. I'd put my money twords something else if I were you.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I use H&R 5mm spacers to help my 225s Hoosiers clear the strut.. They seem to do the trick just fine.

As far as looks? I can't see those 5mm. If you want them for looks, I'd probably spend money elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I use 10mm spacers to clear my brakes in the front and don't get any rubbing, but I don't have my car slammed.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi,

how did you install the 10mm spacers?

I got the 15mm + bolts (for the front) and gave it to my body shop guy to install it but he said he could not do it...

now I have 30mm for the rear wheels and nothing for the front 'cause he could not install the 15mm spacers...

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts