Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new 2003 fsvt after 5 months of haggling with insurance companies etc. What I wanted to know is, on my 02, there were 2 pieces of molded styrafoam under the carpet in the hatch area. They provided clearance between the spare wheel and carpet. I did not have the audiophile package in my 02, but my 03 does, but it does not have the molded styrafoam. Hence, I was wondering if someone out there with an 03/audiophile package could check and see if I am missing my styrafoam or it just doesn't come with these.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have an 02 audiophile and believe I have the foam. What is the concern anyway?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have an 02 with audiophile, i have no foam.
i was wondering about this the other day, in the middle of the carpet in my hatch it sticks up cuz the spare sticks up higher than the rest of the area in the hatch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ditto for me i hate the way the spare tire pushes up the carpet it angers me...what was the foam for in the cars w/o audiophile?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The molded foam kept the carpet even and off the spare tire. It also made the transition even when you put the seats down. Now I have just about two inches off difference between the back carpet and seat backs when folded. I will probably just get the part number, order both pieces, and cut the one on the left side to fit around the subwoofer. For anyone without them, I think they are definitely worth having. It was one of the first thing I noticed when comparing my 02 w/o audiophile and my 03 w/.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts