Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that I finally have a income again I can start buying parts. Right now I have the SVT/S2 combo and I want to upgrade that to the Apex kit. But I also want to get a set of 15 inch rims with azenis. Unfortunately I cant find any good deals on 15 inch rims right now. So now I'm just wondering if I should just go with the Apex and in a few months get the wheels or wait for the wheels (for however much longer) and get the Apeix kit later. Any opinions?

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
IMHO, tires will do more for you at this point...

Look at Focus "wagon wheels" in classifieds or on EBay or maybe even at Audi/BBS on EBay; the Audi/BBS's may need some minor machining to work--enlarge centerbores to 2.49".

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
I have the same S2/SVT setup and in my opinion unless you're going to upgrade to coilovers over some hard core stiff springs (H&R race or stiffer) you'll be much better off with good tires. The difference between the stock SVT and apexi kit is much less than the difference between street tires and R compounds or near R's like the Azenzis.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If its track/auto-x only wheels and tires definately go for them.

If its street, well I dunno I still wouldnt want to run an R on the street (cant afford it)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts