Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2000 ford focus zx3 with the 2.0l zetec e engine 130 hp. I've been in the market for some aftermarket wheels but unfortunately because ford decided to put the bolt pattern to a 4x108, wheels are kinda hard to find. In the future i do plan on doing some performance mods to the engine but not like adding boost or turbo. I have one wheel that ive had recommended to me and that was the Konig Dekagram, but ill be honest im not a huge fan of it. Im looking for a wheel for like a canyon build / maybe taking it to a track / street car. mountain pass

Can anyone help me find a brand, website, or even send a link to wheels, or recomend anything to help me out. I do have some of the specs ive been trying to find:

• Lightweight / if that means flow formed that's ok
  • 15 - 16 inch diameter is all i want to do
  • 4x108 bolt pattern
  • 7 - 8 inch width would be preferred

I get that it's kinda rude to just DEMAND people to help me look for new wheels but i have been really lost and this is my first time ever "modding" anything. And I am trying to get it right the first time so i dont have to go back. Even like websites where they trade wheels or anything would be much appreciated any advice too.

·
I
13,452 Posts
Combined your threads into this single one :)

Yeah, 4x108 is rough. While I don't like knockoffs, have you look at Rota wheels at all? They have a good selection of lights wheels in 4x108 that aren't too expensive.

An example of what I mean:

Thankfully, there are a lot of Fiesta STs running around in the US, and their wheel fitment is nearly identical to the Mk1 Focus (hub bore, offset, bolt pattern, etc. are the same). Their forum may offer some help, and also have vendors more active that could even custom drill a set of wheels for you, if your budget allows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Combined your threads into this single one :)

Yeah, 4x108 is rough. While I don't like knockoffs, have you look at Rota wheels at all? They have a good selection of lights wheels in 4x108 that aren't too expensive.

An example of what I mean:

Thankfully, there are a lot of Fiesta STs running around in the US, and their wheel fitment is nearly identical to the Mk1 Focus (hub bore, offset, bolt pattern, etc. are the same). Their forum may offer some help, and also have vendors more active that could even custom drill a set of wheels for you, if your budget allows.
I didnt know they could make custom wheels? thats awesome but im looking for cheap wheels but this really really really helps me out thank y somuch

·
I
13,452 Posts
I didnt know they could make custom wheels? thats awesome but im looking for cheap wheels but this really really really helps me out thank y somuch
No problem! And ya, you can have some wheels filled and re-drilled to a certain bolt pattern. There are guidelines on what bolt patterns you can fill/drill from/to, so it takes research, but it can be done. It's also not cheap.

You can engage with manufacturers to have a run of wheels done in your bolt pattern too, but usually you need a group buy type deal and commit to say 10 or 20 sets of wheels. You may be able to work with the Fiesta owners on it, but I don't think you'll get many Mk1 Focus people interested as the community is quite small.

What's your budget per wheel?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem! And ya, you can have some wheels filled and re-drilled to a certain bolt pattern. There are guidelines on what bolt patterns you can fill/drill from/to, so it takes research, but it can be done. It's also not cheap.

You can engage with manufacturers to have a run of wheels done in your bolt pattern too, but usually you need a group buy type deal and commit to say 10 or 20 sets of wheels. You may be able to work with the Fiesta owners on it, but I don't think you'll get many Mk1 Focus people interested as the community is quite small.

What's your budget per wheel?
CHEAP. I dont reallly know all i know is i really dont want to be spending 1000 $ on wheels. I honestly am a really big fan of some of these rotas but i cant find a purchase button or add to cart? is this a site where you send them a call and request or something?

·
I
13,452 Posts
CHEAP. I dont reallly know all i know is i really dont want to be spending 1000 $ on wheels. I honestly am a really big fan of some of these rotas but i cant find a purchase button or add to cart? is this a site where you send them a call and request or something?
I've never bought them, but I usually see them the easiest on eBay:

You could try to back into a seller's website by looking at who is selling the wheels if you'd rather buy from a vendor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never bought them, but I usually see them the easiest on eBay:

You could try to back into a seller's website by looking at who is selling the wheels if you'd rather buy from a vendor.
I think this will work thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts