Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Dodge Dakotas don\'t stop...(56k warning?)

A few pics of my run in with someone that for some reason couldn't see my car getting closer to his front bumper.
Best looks at the damage. The big dent near the ZX3 is from trying to push the hatch closed again.

He got up into the hatch.

Even managed to chip the paint on the left side under the tail light.

I was sitting in a lane that had to make a left turn lane, somebody a couple of cars in front of me was being really show. Next thing I know my head was snapped back into the headrest. I'm so glad I had that headrest at the right height. Can't say that I'm 100% at this point. I've gone thru times with my neck getting stiff today, just figure it will be bad tommorrow. It was a young guy in a company truck. Insurance information exchanged now just have to get in contact with his people.

(Resized for your protection)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: When Dodge Dakotas don\'t stop...(56k warning?)

XXX! why can´t people seem to find their brakes, or do they really need a closer look?

please dont bypass the swear filters
~Tribal

·
Registered
924 Posts

Sorry to hear this...im sure you will collect a good lump some of money

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts

Ouch. Theres some money there to fix it. It looks like you'd almost need a whole new hatch.

·
I'm the 'intellectual' here
4,225 Posts

At least he slowed down. The only accident I have ever been in was a Ford Explorer that was going 45mph and hit me at a red light. (this was in my Chevy S-10) I am glad to hear that it was so minor (injury wise of course)

It sucks to have something like this happen to your car, but like I've always said, a car repair is cheaper than a person repair.

All that aside...The thing I hated more than being hit and having my car damaged was dealing with all the freaking paperwork involved to get it fixed. In my opinion the paperwork crap was more annoying the actual accident and 5 months of physical therapy.

·
Banned
1,031 Posts

OUCH!

glad your alright thought man!!

that really stinks

Still make it to the bar-b-que

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Guess I was still abit scambled when I posted those pictures.
For some reason I thought 860x576 was less than 800x600.
Thanks FlaFocus.

Now I'm a bit better and know that it isn't.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts

That suck but it could have been worse.

·
Stoned Scorpion says, "GET OVER H.....OOhhh! Brown
11,972 Posts

damn sucks. Not all that bad tho. Get an svt or euro rear bumper with the insurance money

-spatakula

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I think I may have a sprained neck, otherwise I'm fine. I know if I wait much longer it will hurt me getting anything from the insurance company about any injuries.

Had somebody tell me about this today.
Claim of Diminished Value

Looks like I might be able to get some mod money out of this whole deal.

·
Registered
924 Posts

dam 2slik thats painful to look at

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

I guess Dodge Dakotas are all the same. on the way to FOTB here a Green Dakota merged in front of me without signalling. I slammed on the brakes and nearly hit him. I honked and he waved at me and finished his merge.. I was 2 freet from hitting him..

·
Registered
719 Posts

Gees garry i'm sorry to see and hear that man, but you are correct mod money is coming, did you ever get the front springs installed? i remember from the last lime creek you had the rears done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts