Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can still wheel and deal with the saleman, tell him how much you want to spend for a car and maybe you can get into one with A/C and cruise with alot more for the price you are looking for.

Wheel and deal.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Which kind of sucks... Because I want a base 2.3L ZX3 with A/C and Advancetrac... and nothing else.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The differnce in sticker price between a base ZX3 (we are refering to the ZX3, right?) with A/C and a "Premium" model is only $585. And that also includes tilt wheel, cruise, 16" wheels, and MP3 player. At least with the Focus you can get cruise without having to buy power locks, windows, and mirrors--many cars won't let you do that. Same for side airbags and ABS. Not quite as restricive as other cars.

If you are talking about the LX, I don't believe that you can get cruise on any LX. What? Those people never go on the Interstate? Silly.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Well, I might go the premium route I guess. I'm looking at a stripped car for AutoXing; a tilt wheel is nice. For some reason I thought the price difference was much larger.

I was spoiled from before, because now I feel quite screwed over.
I def. understand their reasons though.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Originally posted by Slackmeister:
The differnce in sticker price between a base ZX3 (we are refering to the ZX3, right?) with A/C and a "Premium" model is only $585. And that also includes tilt wheel, cruise, 16" wheels, and MP3 player. At least with the Focus you can get cruise without having to buy power locks, windows, and mirrors--many cars won't let you do that. Same for side airbags and ABS. Not quite as restricive as other cars.

If you are talking about the LX, I don't believe that you can get cruise on any LX. What? Those people never go on the Interstate? Silly.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I am refering to the ZX3. In my area the difference is $700 according to Ford's site anyway.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well, that's only because slackmeister didn't factor in the 2.3 upgrade. Just go premium, if you don't like the part, ebay it.

Andrew

Edit for bad spelling.

[ 04-08-2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: AnythingButAFocus ]

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
When I ordered my 2001 back in October of 2000 I could pick and choose my options that I wanted.

Since then Ford has created their package deals where you select a "level" of focus you want and certain options come standard with that. (Standard, premium, power premium)

My question is can I still custom order a Focus with what I want rather then being forced into buying unwanted features? Essentially it comes down to this, I need Cruise Control since I'm on the highway all the time, but basically want nothing else, save AC.

Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

·
Registered
461 Posts
No.

You could order a BASE zx3 + A/C, then buy from a factory parts dealer (fordpartsnetwork.com); you could get a OEM cruise setup. I've used fordpartsnetwork.com before, very good customer service, very quick, cheap, OEM stuff, too.

Andrew

·
Registered
233 Posts
Really there is no way around the ordering system. It is done that way to keep cost down. If you just want cruise and not a lot else, have it put on afterwards. You can order it from your parts department and they could install it as part of the deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts