Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might sound like a stupid question but is there any amount of time someone should wait to start making mods to their engine? Is there any downside to not letting things "break in" first before changing things out? I plan on a new cat back and CAI as my first 2 changes. After that I was just going to play it by ear.

·
Registered
723 Posts
some will tell you to wait, some will not. currently i have a diablo chip, esslinger udp, bosal cat back, and a volant intake. i have 3800 miles on my car as of today.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
I waited until I could afford to, or about 8000 miles. Personally I'd go with the intake first then cat back. I like to have more air coming in then going out, helps keep the torque up. (yes I know i've totaly oversimplified intake/exhaust flow)

·
Registered
490 Posts
i have a 2002 zx3 and i moded it with like 200 miles one it. 2 weeks after i got it. people told me there should be no prob.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I started on mine when the odometer read 30 miles....about the distance from the dealers to my garage. I'm a mechanic so I wasn't worried about the warranty stuff.

Have about 42K on mine now....runs great.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Originally posted by dday216:
i have a 2002 zx3 and i moded it with like 200 miles one it. 2 weeks after i got it. people told me there should be no prob.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">2 weeks? man, i wish i did that. i average 1000 (yes, one thousand) miles a week. it's ridiculous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts