Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...do you remove the mods?

I may be selling my Focus because I am a truck guy at heart. What would you recommend?

1. Sell the Focus privately with mods included, minuse system.

2. Remove the mods, as much as possible, and then sell the Focus and mods separately?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
The mods won't add any value in most peoples eyes.

I'm thinking of trying to strike a deal for some 18 inch wheels on a ZX3 that is trying to be sold using that idea.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have aton of suspension stuff to remove but I wont be removing the catback or the Iceman intake since I don't have the stock crap.

I am only waiting to hear from my dad on the truck.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have aton of suspension stuff to remove but I wont be removing the catback or the Iceman intake since I don't have the stock crap.

I am only waiting to hear from my dad on the truck.

if you're lucky, you'll find the right person who wants your car with the mods, and is willing to pay a little more for it. but.... it's not likely. so either return it to stock, or take a hit on the mods.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I will pick the later.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I'm looking for a focus. And stock was fine, but I was trying to get something that was modded already so that I didn't have to put more money into the car.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are looking for what you have in your sig, I can't help you. I have a sedan.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Remove the mods... even people who want them know they don't have to pay for them.
And most tuners are picky about their stuff neways. Plus, mods to most people mean "ragged".

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Yeah. If I was a buyer and I was looking at my particular car, I'd be like "ohh... 24 year old with a loud ass exhaust and other crap, he probably beat the crap out of this thing..."

Which is why I never owned a Mk.II GTi. For like a year I searched high and low for an unmolested example but couldn't find one, and I was afraid to buy any with mods on them in case the person beat the crap out of it

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^True but I am also not 24 and am responsible with the car. But, I do see the reason.

I looked for a CRX for some time for the same reasons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts