Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I was wondering where I could find urethane (or better) endlinks for a progress rear sway that I'll be buying used without em.

Thanks!!

Dan

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
TBH, i'd call TonyD and see if you can get the progress pieces.

the reason being is that the progress bar has MUCH fatter ends then all the other bars.

the progress endlinks and the c-clamps are designed to work around the bar and give it some adjustability.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
^Didn't know that. Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok what's the number for TonyD, and who is he?

Thx

Dan

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Those are 20mm bushings. They will only fit the non-SVT OEM bar. The endlinks may work, though.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
like I said earlier...

you SHOULD NOT use none Progress sway bar endlinks and subframe clamps and bushings.

the reason being is that the Progress bar has MUCH thicker ends and cause the bar to sit down further.

the progress subframe clamps allow you to move the bar up into proper position and the progress endlinks alow it to sit at the right angle.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Alright, I just called steve at tousley ford this morning and ordered the OEM SVT parts for the SVT swaybar, so I got it all taken care of now, thanks. Now just have to wait will august 15th when the svt suspension kit is off backorder again.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
the progress subframe clamps allow you to move the bar up into proper position and the progress endlinks alow it to sit at the right angle.
I think you're talking about the D-brackets, which have slots in them for mounting. They don't actually allow you to move the bar at all, since Progress specifies that you place the stock brackets over them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How much did the dealership quote for all of the needed bits? My local dealership quoted me about $90 for all needed parts, endlinks, nuts, bushings, brackets, bolts, etc.

Dan

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
I think you're talking about the D-brackets, which have slots in them for mounting. They don't actually allow you to move the bar at all, since Progress specifies that you place the stock brackets over them.
Where does it say that?

the bar we installed didn't have any instructions in it.
so we didn't use any stock bits off it.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Actually... I don't think mine had any instructions, either. I think it was that page that I was thinking of.

·
Registered
208 Posts
How much did the dealership quote for all of the needed bits? My local dealership quoted me about $90 for all needed parts, endlinks, nuts, bushings, brackets, bolts, etc.

Dan
All the parts costs me about 42 dollars shipped. I am making my own mounting brackets on the crossmember with the how to from Overfocused. I also got my own bolts for the brackets that I am making.

This is the how to link for the brackets, http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showf...rt=all&vc=1

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok TonyD does not have the progress endlinks... Any ideas where I could find them?

Thanks!

Dan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts