Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched this forum for the paint code for sonic blue but the link they had for it in another post just brought me back to the homepage. Where can I find a can of this so i can paint my hatch trim? should i get it in a spray can?

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Walk into a Ford dealership. Go to the parts section. They have "touch up" paint right there with the code on it.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The paint code for sonic blue is S1

PPG supplies the paint to Ford, therefore people have gone to PPG dealers and had them mix the sonic blue into a spray can. I think I remember it running like 12 bucks or so.

·
Registered
751 Posts
If he's gonna paint the hatch trim than the little thing of touch up isn't gonna cut it. I think the code is S1 or something like that. Get it in a can.

^Im too slow. What he said

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
yes, the code is S1 as stated. But make sure it is our blue. I just had a fairing on my bike painted that color and the paint shop said there were 3 different colors listed for S1. A black, our sonic blue and another blue.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
S1...that's it? I thought it was going to be some sort of long number. Anyway thanks I'll email PPG today and see if they can make a can of it for me. By the way how many cans does it take to paint the hatch trip?

·
Registered
751 Posts
S1...that's it? I thought it was going to be some sort of long number. Anyway thanks I'll email PPG today and see if they can make a can of it for me. By the way how many cans does it take to paint the hatch trip?
You would only need 1 can most likley. Id play it safe and get two tho...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts