Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AEM Cold Air intake for a 2002 ZX3 at a decent price?

I've looked at a few online stores and the cheapest I've seen is about 289...is that the cheapest out there or anyone find a store that has it for lower?

Thanks for any help.

-AM

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
y buy the aem, when u could do like many on here and buy 1 of the aem cai knock-offs (bombz i think, also sold by newedge) instead. much cheaper, think 100bux, somewhere round that.

-Ult

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aem is known to be good...so i'll just go with that...

I don't like getting things for my car that I've heard nothing about.

-AM

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Wish i had the money to be able to spend an extra 150 bucks on a name

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
then read the reviews on the knock offs on here, think 1 of then is called the bombz. thats y u'll spend 3 times more? a name and a license plate frame? c'mon now. dont b foolish, look at the reviews on it, all of em have been positive. and y would a sponsor like tony at newedge carry it if it was junk? i dont have either of these intakes, i made my own. i've never bought anythin from tony like so very many have so i'm not hypin him up. just goin by the facts. payin 250-300 bux 4 a piece of aluminum tubing and filter over another thats 100 bux just b/c it has a 'name' on it is nonsense. save that ~200bux 4 another mod or 2.

-Ult

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Originally posted by Smoe:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah really, wish i had 150bux period 2 spend on the car...i hope he changes his tune b/c i've seen alot of people like this in the bicycle shop who have 2 have a santa cruz full suspension bike where the frame used 2 cost bout 1500bux, when the frame is licensed out 2 a company called Access, they build em 2, and they sell the same frame w/their name on it 4 less than 600.

just 'goes' 2 show. or maybe 'not'.

-Ult

·
Registered
222 Posts
289 might be the cheapest. when i bought mine it was 300 including shipping from modern preformance.

geoff

·
Registered
402 Posts
build your own CAI, Just $25 for the fiber glass and resin. another $25 for the filter. works great and sounds good. looks good too. just gloss black. built my own splash box too. no water on my filter. just outside air pulled from the side of the bumper.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by Smoe:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Damn walls!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't know much about the Bomz, but I do know about the AEM.

AEM constructs their intakes utilizing a dyno to determine which length and bend formation is the best for producing power. I am more than confident that AEM's product will not only last as long as the car, but also perform flawlessly throughout its life.

As far as the price diff-
Our cars may be cheap relatively speaking, but I still value my 13,000 investment. An extra $200 on a reputable and proven part from a company with years of experience in racing and street use seems insignificant to me.

my .02

·
Registered
93 Posts
plus, who's kidding who?

what kind of market is a part named "Bomz" targeted at??? it should be sold in a package with two 12" subs and 19" chrome wheels yo!

·
Registered
727 Posts
i got a bombz from tony. it is nice, definately worth the 120 i spent. why spend 300 bones on an alum tube?!?!

...tek

·
Registered
361 Posts
FYI : MP is a AEM authorized, direct warehouse dealer and we stock just about all Focus parts they make ! (Btw- it takes a lot to be a Aem direct warehouse, and you have to be legitimate, and know what your doing to become direct..)

So, if you want just about anything Focus/Aem related we can definitely help you! Good prices, and we ship the same day you order (And fast delivery by fedex) all work out to your benefit.

Lastly, we have had 2+ employees who have owned Foci and have tuned them, driven them and know the parts.. Give us a call. We stock the parts and would be happy to help ya.

Cory Haines
Operations Manager @
www.modernperformance.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts