Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of rebuilding the entire rear suspension on my newly bought 2002 Focus ZX3 hatchback. I had to cut most of the bolts because they were seized up in the bushings. The remaining bolts aren't in great shape either. I have scoured the internet trying to find part numbers for these bolts but not much luck. There is a comprehensive diagram for the current gen of Focus on this website that includes hardware part numbers Ford Focus Service Manual :: Subframe - Rear :: Subframes. If anybody has such a diagram for the Focus Mk1 or simply the part numbers, please send it my way!

I specifically would like part numbers for:

-Rear crossmember mount bolts
-Rear strut bolts
-Upper control arm bolts
-Lower control arm cam bolts
-Lower control arm bolts (that attach it to the trailing arm)
-Trailing arm bolts (that attach trailing arm to frame)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am in the process of rebuilding the entire rear suspension on my newly bought 2002 Focus ZX3 hatchback. I had to cut most of the bolts because they were seized up in the bushings. The remaining bolts aren't in great shape either. I have scoured the internet trying to find part numbers for these bolts but not much luck. There is a comprehensive diagram for the current gen of Focus on this website that includes hardware part numbers Ford Focus Service Manual :: Subframe - Rear :: Subframes. If anybody has such a diagram for the Focus Mk1 or simply the part numbers, please send it my way!

I specifically would like part numbers for:

-Rear crossmember mount bolts
-Rear strut bolts
-Upper control arm bolts
-Lower control arm cam bolts
-Lower control arm bolts (that attach it to the trailing arm)
-Trailing arm bolts (that attach trailing arm to frame)
When I had the rear suspension rebuilt on my 03 SVT the advice I received was use Ford bolts which I did. I contacted AutoNation Ford in Bear Lake, MN(I think it was Tousley Ford at the time), and their guys found the part numbers and sold them to me for about the best price around. Be sure to ask for Internet Sales and they will get you what you need.

After AutoNation obtained the dealership they were as good as they were before the transition. Same people in the parts department. I still buy parts from them for my 15Ti when needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I had the rear suspension rebuilt on my 03 SVT the advice I received was use Ford bolts which I did. I contacted AutoNation Ford in Bear Lake, MN(I think it was Tousley Ford at the time), and their guys found the part numbers and sold them to me for about the best price around. Be sure to ask for Internet Sales and they will get you what you need.

After AutoNation obtained the dealership they were as good as they were before the transition. Same people in the parts department. I still buy parts from them for my 15Ti when needed.
Well I went to the local Ford dealership and, long story short, I was told these bolts had been discontinued. However, I managed to get all the bolts I ever wanted from an 07 Focus at a junkyard about an hour away ('Harry's U-Pull It' in Pennsburg, PA). I got a few other parts I needed as well while I was at it. The bolts were in relatively great shape and the best part is, they never charged me for the bolts! The only thing I ended up buying was the camber bolts. I paid about $30 for a pair of those, which I think is a steep price but I couldn't find any other quality alternatives that were the right spec. I couldn't remove the ones in the junkyard because those bolts have a habit of seizing inside the bushing and they're just damn near impossible to remove if they've seized in there for so many years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts