Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last 10 years, there has been numerous leaps in technology for the NHRA. With the current records for a top fuel dragster:

Top Speed:LARRY DIXON
332.75mph
LAS VEGAS, NEV.
APR 2003

Fastest ET
KENNY BERNSTEIN
4.477sec.
JOLIET, Ill
JUN 2001

where do you think the sport will be in 10 years? Mid 3s, low 3s?

What about extending the race another 1/8mi?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think it would depend on tire technology for the most part....and how well the tire can get the power on the ground. Certainly power can continue to be developed....

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Actually, not much faster. NHRA already lowered the % nitromethane that you can run and are considering many other steps to help keep speeds where they are.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by teamDFL:
Actually, not much faster. NHRA already lowered the % nitromethane that you can run and are considering many other steps to help keep speeds where they are.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did they do that for safety reasons?

Have you seen the Bob Norwood 4000hp Acura Integra funny car? It's a 4.8L I4 running twin turbo's and nitromethane.

He has two computers onboard that controll the fuel. Instead of using a pre-mix fuel like the nhra standard, the computers controll when to mix the 2 and how much of each it needs. One computer controlls the ignition and alcohol and the other computer controlls the nitro and data logging.

He claims that his setup will cut the fuel cost in half AND allows the engine to run more effeciently.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More infor about the car can be found here!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I see it at 337 mph and at 4.455 seconds. And someone will say that he just raised the bar with his world record time!

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It'll be in hover cars that reach crazy speeds!!
Qtr mile time of 2.366 seconds @ 678mph

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
i think they will regulate it and keep it pretty constant over the next 10 years. Maybe slow it down and make it more cost effective if the series starts losing support, by series i mean nhra. I think the sport compact will continue to grow over the next 10 years and rival the speeds of the nhra guys in every catagory. Toyota has a nitro funny car team..or they did, i havent kept up on my drag racing lately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts