Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I miss the F1 talk on here so here's something that might bring it back...

Here's the story from f1live..

Button's Choices

Williams, BAR, and Ferrari all going for Button? This is no doubt going to be one of the big stories at the end of the season. I doubt he'll end up back at BAR-Honda and it seems that Williams is in the led but I'd also think it would be crazy to pass up Ferrari.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I would be Williams as well. With Williams losing BMW, they are going to want to do all they can to stay up top. And Button has really been stepping up. Personally I think they should send Webber packing and bring in Button. Webber is supposedly faster than Heidfeld but it doesn't ever seem to end that way on race day. Although when Heidfeld is off, he seems really off. But I dunno.

Did I miss news on Barrachello going somewhere?
Personally droppping Barrachello for Button would be a move to get younger, not better. I think any team would be lucky to have Barrachello. He takes the humble road at almost every turn. He's allowed schumi to be #1 he's taken some "questionable" moves by schumi in stride. He's just an all around good guy and great team mate!

So I guess the question is.. who would Jensen replace?

·
Registered
179 Posts
jenson button will stay with bar because honda have plenty of money and i think williams best chance of an engine would be toyota as jordan aren't making a good of them and honda won't want him going to a team powered by their biggest rivals

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rubino to BAR :fingers crossed:
Rubino to BAR would be a heaven sent! Now if someone would get rid of BAR/Sato's bad luck then we'll have a winning team again.

jenson button will stay with bar because honda have plenty of money and i think williams best chance of an engine would be toyota as jordan aren't making a good of them and honda won't want him going to a team powered by their biggest rivals
I feel Button just isn't feeling the winning spirit in a BAR-Honda uniform. Its no doubt that the 007 is a great car but with so much bad luck happening around BAR and Sato not finishing races well Button is just fed up I think. BAR isn't racing bad overall this season its just that BAR is a little inconsistant (okay alot inconsistant) and thats really getting on Button's nerves.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm hoping to see Button in a Williams being powered by Cosworth's new V8.

>8^)
ER
Ehhh, isn't there regulation in F1 that engines must be 10 cylinders? Or am I dreaming? Or is there a rule change? Or do I really need to get out more? lol!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm hoping to see Button in a Williams being powered by Cosworth's new V8.

>8^)
ER
Ehhh, isn't there regulation in F1 that engines must be 10 cylinders? Or am I dreaming? Or is there a rule change? Or do I really need to get out more? lol!
Rule change for next year. I think everyone has to run on V8s next year to "save money"...Imagine a Ferrari with a V8, I don't know if that interesting or sad.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks for the info!
Yeah, I do have to get out more often then.

As for V8 Ferrari's, I'd have to hold my reservations about that until next season.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Yes the big story I see panning out is the engine for Williams next year...

I betcha it'll be Cosworth.... with Red Bull dropping Cosworth, they need a team. Why not Williams since BMW dropped em like a bad habit.

But I think BMW's strategy with Sauber is good... buy control of the team. Are you hearing me Cosworth?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Rule change for next year. I think everyone has to run on V8s next year to "save money"...
Actually, teams can still run the V10s with a rev limiter. Funny thing is though - the new V8s are apparently revving much higher and making nearly the power levels of this years V10s already.

Cosworth has a lot of history winning with V8 engines. I suspect that their engine next year will be one of the best in the field.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
We need a Ford Team. I would really like to see Cosworth come back and I REALLY want to see Redbull do well. They have been so huge in racing lately with the whole Redbull Drivers Search, that I just want them to really benefit from their investments!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Red Bull will be powered by Ferrari, and the team will be called Ferrari-Red Bull. This will be the first time the Fiat err Ferrari name will by used by another team. I see Button staying with BAR. I thought I read somewhere that Couthard had been in talks with BAR, so that would be JB replacement. There is no way Honda will let Sato go.

Alonso to Ferrari? I bet it will happen as Shumi gets closer to quitting.

·
Registered
234 Posts
^^^Couthard is staying with Red Bull, he renewed his contract for X amount, along with 180,000 for each point won. Yeah I definitely think Alonso is going to Ferrari soon

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Alonso to Ferrari depends on Flavio since he is Alonso's agent and of course in charge of Renault and if he still is by the time Schuey retires would make it even more interesting. I think we have to wait to see the out come of a couple more races before we have a better picture of where Button ends up. Williams is a possibility but the engines they end up with next year will probably be a big factor in Jensen's decision.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I think alonso will stick with Renault. Those cars are working so well, and while there is some very big money going to Ferrari (endorsements), I just think you'd want to stick with the empire you helped build, rather than go to a team that is struggling to keep up. So I think Alonso stays (unless Ferrari comes back to the pinnacle which is always a possibility)

·
Registered
766 Posts
^^^Couthard is staying with Red Bull, he renewed his contract for X amount, along with 180,000 for each point won. Yeah I definitely think Alonso is going to Ferrari soon
Since it seem slike he's on his way to win his first championship.... I say NAY
to those drivers that win a championship with Renault and move to Ferrari *cough Schumi cough*

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As long as Micheal is with Ferrari I don't think Alonso well go over there. Alonso wants to be the number 1 guy and that won't happen at Ferrari until Micheal retires or quits.

And I also heard BAR is looking at Couthard. Couthard and Button drive the same and come from a very similar racing background. I think Couthard deseves a better team as well.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Couthard is a good guy!

Someday I'd like to know how good these guys are compared to others. It would be nice if they had a wierd kind of "drivers" championship series (like an all star weekend) maybe in a GP2 car or something. Just to let the drivers try and sort who's the best driver regardless of car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts