Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
having a 2002 Zetec, Power Steering Pump bad.
local 2nd hand only had 2003 SVT Pump or 2003 Zetec Pump.
according to rockauto, SVT use the same pump, but the non SVT uses a different pump between 2003/2002...which pump should I grab?

also my Power Steering Pump Sensor was never connected for the past decade, I don't even see the wire...if I want to get the sensor hooked up, where should I run the wire from?

·
I
13,460 Posts
Yeah, that'll work. I've run the SVT line on the Zetec pump too. I am not sure if the pressure sensor is the same/works the same, by physically it'll work.

From what I recall, the pump between both cars is the same, the difference is in the location of the pressure sensor and the steering rack.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that'll work. I've run the SVT line on the Zetec pump too. I am not sure if the pressure sensor is the same/works the same, by physically it'll work.

From what I recall, the pump between both cars is the same, the difference is in the location of the pressure sensor and the steering rack.
do you know where the sensor is connected? I just found that my sensor wasn't connected at all, and the wire probably got cut off by the pervious owner....

·
I
13,460 Posts
No wire...it must got cut off , no lose wire in the engine bay.....surprisingly I owned it for so long and drives fine
Yeah, all that sensor does is when extreme load is put on the system (full lock), it sends the signal to the ECU to increase idle. The only time you might notice it is in a parking lot at idle, turning the wheel lock to lock. Otherwise, you'll never notice a difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts