Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My manicurist says I have low self esteem...
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the cheapest place to find the Wings West 3 piece lower wing for my ZX3. Yes I already checked ebay and there is only one on there and it "has some damage, but not noticable"

Mark

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
check out Spoiler Depot. they have that wing AND you can get it painted to your factory color for just 91 dollars! i got my "S2" wing from them and the packaging was perfect, wing looks awesome, and most importantly, the color match was absolutely perfect!!!! so the wing will be like 190, painting like 90 and then shipping is like 25. so for about 300 dollars you got yourself a nice spoiler that you dont have to worry about getting painted!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I would not have it shipped painted for many reasons..and one being the main reason would be is it would not be the correct color match because of the sun changing the color of the car.. cheapest place that will not be beat

www.newwayautosports.com

armen is the shiiizzyyyy!

do not bid on the e-bay ones I seen one in person and you can tell they are no WW quality..

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
^^^ are ya kiddin me? what would the sun have to do with this? ANYWHERE you get it painted is gonna paint it your stock color whether it has faded slightly or not. if you get it painted at a body shop it will be much more than the $91 that Spoiler Depot charges. hey man...just shoot [email protected] an email and tell him Mike with the focus sent ya. He can prolly hook ya up real nice

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
^^^ are ya kiddin me? what would the sun have to do with this? ANYWHERE you get it painted is gonna paint it your stock color whether it has faded slightly or not. if you get it painted at a body shop it will be much more than the $91 that Spoiler Depot charges. hey man...just shoot [email protected] an email and tell him Mike with the focus sent ya. He can prolly hook ya up real nice
not true. any body shop that is good will not use the stock paint code at all. if you want a two tone look then by all means get it shipped with the factory paint code. Im just letting you know when I got my Liquid Grey spoiler shipped painted with the code it was way way darker than by body color liquid grey due to the sun fading the color. the body shop will mix the paint accordingly to get the right match as close as possible and anybody who knows a little bit about color matching it will NEVER be a 100% match regaurdless if you use your paint code or get it done at a body shop.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
then whats your point!? your sayin that gettin it done at a body shop wont match AND your sayin that gettin it color matched by the company wont match! im telling you that my car has 20,000 miles on it and the paint still matched PERFECT! i hate to break it to ya but the sun wont fade your paint THAT much. i mean yea it will a lil bit but not to a competely different shade. but back to my previous point anyway...it would also be CHEAPER to have spoiler depot paint it for you! a body shop would charge well over $100 plus you would have to wait to get that done. have them paint it and it can be on 20 minutes after you get it! like i did
like i said...shoot nick an email and see what he can do for ya

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hate to agree, but being in a club with one of the best bike/car painters in the country and watching him work his magic, sun does play a huge role. You say that you see no difference in the color of the wing from the rest of the car. Well i'd bet that any trained eye will find the difference. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
then whats your point!? your sayin that gettin it done at a body shop wont match AND your sayin that gettin it color matched by the company wont match! im telling you that my car has 20,000 miles on it and the paint still matched PERFECT! i hate to break it to ya but the sun wont fade your paint THAT much. i mean yea it will a lil bit but not to a competely different shade. but back to my previous point anyway...it would also be CHEAPER to have spoiler depot paint it for you! a body shop would charge well over $100 plus you would have to wait to get that done. have them paint it and it can be on 20 minutes after you get it! like i did
like i said...shoot nick an email and see what he can do for ya
it might be perfect to the avg person.....but not I.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Our company keeps all of the Wings West parts in stock, and we are a official FJ sponsor.

Give us a call, we would be happy to help you and we should have it in stock to ship right out to you by Fedex !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts