Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am typing this for my husband
does anyone have an answer for him

over the past week i was once driving the car and as soon as it hit 40 it would lunge and it seemed as if it also wanted to die.
drive it again with no issues at all
then on friday it was driving terrible lunging and dying at all different speeds and the service engine light came on
right now it is sitting in our driveway :(

any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Welcome to FocalJet.

There are MANY sensors on the Focus. That being said, your situation can be one problem or many problems all together.

If your car's service engine light is on, it means the car's computer has detected a problem. You really need to bring it into a Ford dealership or independent repair shop that can hook your car up to a diagnostic machine and read what problems the computer recognized. From there, the codes that are pulled off the computer can lead a technician to see what may be up with your vehicle. It's better to do that than say what a possible problem might be and throw parts at it.

Look at about an hour's worth of a dealer or shop's time (usually between $75 to $125 for an hour's worth of diagnostic time). A good reputable dealership or shop will give you an estimate of the parts and labour, and you always have the final say in going ahead with the repair or not.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts