Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the one under the airbox, the other one.

Boy do I feel stupid....

·
Registered
591 Posts
i dont know where it is....... but i do know i snapped mine and the transmission mount!!! its being fixed right now at ford

·
Registered
793 Posts
When looking at the motor from the front end, it is to the left of the Cam Gear housing, under the radiator resovoir. A round looking rubber cap on top (do not twist, as it is liquid filled, I beleive).

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by S2Texas:

Boy do I feel stupid....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't know from your Q which one you mean.
If you mean the one that people are replacing, it's actually the "Tranny-Mount".
Go under the right side of the car, behind the right-front wheel. Toward the rear of the engine, actually at the tranny, You'll find a junction w/ 4-6 bolts. (I forget exactly how many...)
Several run left-right, and I think I remember a couple running fore-aft.
It's easy to get to and swap. I had no idea going in, and figured it out pretty easily.
NICE improvement. No more "Engine-Slop". If you stand in front of a stock Zetec, and rev it from the T/B, you'll see the engine flex like crazy in the engine-bay.
After the swap, that slop is GONE!!
I highly recommend the Prothane bushing-set from Tony D at New Edge. NICE, Cheap gains.

[ 09-20-2002, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Originally posted by MichaelXi:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by S2Texas:

Boy do I feel stupid....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't know from your Q which one you mean.
If you mean the one that people are replacing, it's actually the "Tranny-Mount".
Go under the right side of the car, behind the right-front wheel. Toward the rear of the engine, actually at the tranny, You'll find a junction w/ 4-6 bolts. (I forget exactly how many...)
Several run left-right, and I think I remember a couple running fore-aft.
It's easy to get to and swap. I had no idea going in, and figured it out pretty easily.
NICE improvement. No more "Engine-Slop". If you stand in front of a stock Zetec, and rev it from the T/B, you'll see the engine flex like crazy in the engine-bay.
After the swap, that slop is GONE!!
I highly recommend the Prothane bushing-set from Tony D at New Edge. NICE, Cheap gains.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was on the phone with him when he found it, it was quite an amazing find

I recommend Modern Performance, but thats just a preference

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, thanks mike for the support!

Now, is there someone that makes a replacement for the under the airbox??

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by S2Texas:
Yeah, thanks mike for the support!

Now, is there someone that makes a replacement for the under the airbox??

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not at this time.
One of the Independent Rally guys on here has made his own, I believe, but none are available for purchase, and Honestly, I don't think it's necessary once you've done the other, until you're pushing MAD 300+ HP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts