Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know an easy place to drill through the firewall. maybe by the glovebox since it's close to where the vacuum line is that I tapped? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just do a search in the ICE forum and lookup the word "firewall". change criteria to "newer than 1 year" There's a lot there about running power wire through, should help you out.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I pulled the cover off the wiper motor area at the base of the windshield on the passenger side and drilled a hole in there. The tubing comes out behind the glove box.
Oh and the ole I drilled was the horizontal surface not the vertical one.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I don't know if your firewall is the same as ours, but I just punched a screwdriver through the plastic grommet on the passenger side that the wires run through and punched my vac tube through. Why anyone would run a power line through there is beyond me.

Andrew

·
O .
2,372 Posts
another good spot is where the hoop pop wire goes through i have a 8guage amp wire goin through there

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I drilled a hole through the white plastic cone thingy for the steering shaft. I have a bunch of stuff going through that hole.

·
Registered
519 Posts
On that topic, I drilled through my firewall and now I have road noise. What kind of spray foam sealants are there? That I can just pull out later?

Andrew

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
make sure you grommet the line going thru any metal surface (but you all know that). an easy place to drill is also above the clutch. there is the green plastic tab, about 1" below that. comes out below the fuse box.

andrew, you have road noise now and you didn't before? from drilling a small hole? are you certain that's the reason? anyway, you can use RTV or silicone, etc. if using RTV make sure you get electrical grade stuff.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I drilled a hole through the white plastic cone thingy for the steering shaft. I have a bunch of stuff going through that hole.
Excellent choice. No risk of rust developing.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
On that topic, I drilled through my firewall and now I have road noise. What kind of spray foam sealants are there? That I can just pull out later?

Andrew
Use clear silicone. Or even some hous hold silicone sealants. They'll yank off if you need to remove them later, but will seal and stay in place pretty good otherwise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts