Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to mod my car in about 1.5 weeks. i want to spend around $500. here are the items i was thinking about.
</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">complete svt exhaust $717.00</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ford racing intake manifold $495 and TB$219.95</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">NOSzel styl nos $???</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i curently have a steeda mas air intake. does any one know if the svt exhaust is backordered?
for the FR manifold do i need to move the alternator with an svt alternator bracket? can i install it with the engine in the car?
will the NOSzel fit? it seems like there is not a lot of room for the fuel rail to move back.

[ 02-08-2003, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: zx3 focus racer ]

·
Registered
23 Posts
ok, what year focus do u have. if it is is a 2000 model do not worry about your intake manifold. it is already beefed up compared to the 2001 and newer models. with 500 bucks, i would go with a yodude exhaust and a magnaflow muffer. yodude makes top notch products and you can pretty much choose anything you want from stainless steel 2.25" to 3" pipe. any style muffler, they now have new can style mufflers. they are sweet and fair priced.
i would go with 2.5" stainless steel yodude exhaust with magnaflow muffler-$300.00 shipped.
use the other $150.00 for 2.5" flex pipe or if possible get an super high flow cat pipe. they cost a little more but the stock converter sucks! you will notice major gains with those combos. stay away from svt exhaust, to exspensive and will not give you any more power. good luck

http://yodudeperformance.com/home.asp

·
Registered
23 Posts
after u finish off your exhaust, then i would get some more air coming in. put focust central tb on and MAF. check out a udp kit also. unless you plan on running a major stereo system in the future? pullies will give you that lowend power.
have fun!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont plan on getting a major stereo, but i would like a nice sub and speakers in the futer. i already have flickering dashlights stock. udp is pretty much outa the question for now

·
Registered
23 Posts
check out that site i posted above. i think for exhaust that is the best way to go. with a super high flow cat you will be street legal. it jsut replaces the crappy stock converter. it will still pass emissions and you will notice the torque and power with that pipe. or if you do not want to spend the money i would put a flexpipe on with the exhaust. they have 2.5" flexpipe on that site also. that would be a good way to spend 500 bucks.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that really does not seem like the way to go. a race header would gain a lot of hp. those prices seem too low. i have been screwed over before trying to get "the best deal", "you get what you pay for". i know that the svt parts would be quality and i know that if i have a problem with them they would be warentied. also, i want to do a complete system, not just a cat back and/or flex and/or high flow cat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yodude exhaust is top notch. stainless steel is stainless steel. if you look at all dynos for any exhaust. not one exhaust stands out in the crowd. not one! there are 4 parts to an exhaust
1) Manifold
2) Cat pipe- rt cat pipe= about $300.00
3) Flexpipe -yodude 2.5"= $130.00
4) Cat back- yodude 2.5" ss w/magnaflow= $300.00

entire system for about 700 dollars. you dont always get what you pay for.

i am just saying i think ur wasting money by paying 700 bucks for an exhaust that is not going to do anything better for you.
your money and your car though. Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
just be careful what you buy. the most exspensive is not always the best! check out some reviews and research before you buy. i have been looking for an exhaust since i bought my car about 7 months ago. i now have jba header, random technologies super highflow cat, i will have the yodude exhaust and flex pipe to complete the system by end of month. i went from thermal exhaust, to vibrant to hks, to apex and finally yodude seemed to have best reviews and i have did a lot of research on their work. they have great service and you cannot go wrong. my opinion though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
with race header you will not pass emissions. recommend shorty header and high flow cat pipe so u pass emissions. you will notice a lot of power by replacing that stock converter!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what is with the 3 posts in a row??? i know the most expensive is not the best, but usually the least expensive is not the best! with the svt, i will retain my emissions. and you say the complet setup (with out headers) will cost 700, the complet svt would cost me $717, and that is for EVERYTHING. thanks for your help thoe. btw this topic is still open to other ppl

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey man, i just wanted to check one thing. so you are going to use all svt components for exhaust including svt header.
if you get that header you will need a custom pipe made.
hey call this guy, he does this exact type of work? ask him the questions? call ray 1 717-432-9503 they can help him out. good luck!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey Shaun, Mcnews is selling out everything needed to put the SVT exhaust system on a regular focus. Check out this thread that's currently active for the information. I'm not sure if they sell an SVT cat back because I believe they say it will work with any cat back that currently works on your Focus. Everything else (header, cat, flex, etc) totals $361. If testing goes okay then the Random Tech high flow cat for it will be offered, hopefully next week, and I think it will add a couple hundred to the price.

zx3 focus racer, I think the SVT exhaust is a great solution and a smart upgrade. Definitely a great bolt-on upgrade for the price range you want. Some states would give you problems in a visual inspection because it'll change the cat placement but it's really what should have been the stock solution from the beginning, IMO. I'm almost certain that this is what I'm going to go with but I'll wait for the RT cat and for them to build a nice package around it first.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if you get that header you will need a custom pipe made.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">what the who ha are you talking about? egr? if so i could get a bung welded on as in the thread about it, or i could leave it off, or i could get a chip to tell the computer to ignore it.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the advice but i alredy ordered it and it should be here in 5 to 10 days!
now all i need to know is how can i plug up the end or the egr tube or the egr um...thing on the intake manifold?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
is that a good thing or a bad thing??? and what the hell is so funny? at least it could be read un like your posts with letters and part words and what not in them

1 - 20 of 22 Posts