Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2001SE Sedan, everything is stock so for. Just ordered my eibach springs and pro dampers. Now maybe its' time to look to engine mods. But I'm not sure where to begin, I've almost got enough extra cash for a JRSC, and wondering if that's a good inital investment, then turn to CAI, headers/exhaust, udp etc.. 300 and 400$ pops are easier to do than coming up with $2600 for a supercharger.. then again, $2600 can buy alot of other mods. Suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
for the amount you will spend on the JRSC plus install tuning etc... you can spend that money on bolt ons and pass the power the JRSC puts out... the avg Ive seen the base JRSC put out is like 140whp and 130ft/lbs tq...you put all the basic bolt ons and tune and youve got 145whp and 135ft /lbq tq+.... just a thought...

·
Registered
75 Posts
If I were you I would go with the blower, and then modify with bolt-ons. For the simple reason like you said it is a lot eaiser to come up with a couple hundred for a bolt-on part then to come up with 2600 or 3grand for forced induction.

Plus with that blower your car will be much more comfortable (ie quiet), and legal to drive then a Focus with every modification (ie race header).

[ 10-24-2002, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: BlueZTS ]

·
Registered
201 Posts
what is your goal horsepower if its near 200 whp i would suggest a turbo instead of the jrsc. later

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm really new to this subculture, and I'm still trying to figure everything out.

Basically, I want to step on the pedal and I want the car to jump

·
Registered
104 Posts
Does you SE have the Zetec engine or the SPI engine....if it has the SPI, is the JRSC compatible with that engine????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts