Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched here, I've googled. All told it would be about $200 from a place overseas. Does anybody know anywhere in the US that has them. or is that a pretty good deal?

*Mod Edit* PM sent.

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
ebay uk. Best prices if u can find em on there. And that place overseas wont give em to for 200... they're about 200 EACH... BEFORE shipping.

edit: nevermind, missed the Center Console part... lol. Thought u were talking about the lights.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ebay uk. Best prices if u can find em on there.
The newer style center consoles from the UK (RHD) wont fit NA Foci. Be carefull using ebay.co.uk for items like power seats, side mirrors, center consoles, floor mats, headlights, ANYTHING for the dash, etc. as these items will be RIGHT HAND DRIVE specific.

If you can get around the language barrier, try a search for something like "ford focus Mittelkonsole" on the German ebay http://www.ebay.de/ as these will be LHD specific.

Keep checking the "for sale" adds here on Focaljet. I have seen a few euro consoles in the last six months. Posting a WTB would be a good idea too.

Good luck!

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
center consoles are side specific? I thought the LHD and RHD are the same.... hmph.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
ebay uk. Best prices if u can find em on there.
UK (RHD) center consoles wont fit NA Foci. Be carefull using ebay.co.uk for items like power seats, side mirrors, center console, floor mats, headlights, ANYTHING for the dash, etc. as these items will be RIGHT HAND DRIVE specific.

If you can get aroud the language barrier, try a search for something like "ford focus Mittelkonsole" on the German ebay http://www.ebay.de/ as these will be LHD specific.

Keep checking the "for sale" adds here on Focaljet. I have seen a few euro consoles in the last six months. Posting a WTB would be a good idea too.

Good luck!
The euro floor mats in general don't have the same hook system we have here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
True, but it's not so much the hook system as it is the shape. The drivers side is usually smaller in size and is shaped differently to accomodate the "dead pedal" area.

Most all front floor mats are right/left specific.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
the console itself is not side specific. In fact one of the complaints that UK onwers have is that it is oriented towards LHD cars and not their RHD specific vehicles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Trust me, they are different.

one of the complaints that UK onwers have is that it is oriented towards LHD cars and not their RHD specific vehicles.
I've never heard that. In fact, the UK dash is an EXACT mirror image of ours, as is the center console (meaning it should "feel" the same to them as it does to us).

Here is another picture of the one in my car illustrating the difference. Again, look closely at the console where it meets the dash, it clearly bends off to the Right (for a LHD car). In a RHD car, it bends off the same amount, but to the Left to match the mirror image dash.

Conversely, The NA focus console should fit either Focus as it attaches only to the floor and not the dash.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
again, it SHOULD, I agree. Check out the uk focus forum page, ask some questions there. The console is crafted that way, because they use the exact same transmission MTX-75, that we do. same shift pattern. not reversed. www.ffoc.co.uk will have more examples, check it out sometime, see what they've got over there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Actually, we use the same transmission that THEY do. Not vice versa. The Focus was in Europe long before it was here in the States.

Also, there is no such thing as a "reversed shift pattern"
. On a 5sp, first gear is ALWAYS in the top Left corner, regardless whether it is a RHD or LHD car. Just as the gas pedal is always on the Right and the clutch is always on the Left. Those factors don't change from a LHD to RHD car.

Anyway, the point is the newer style euro consoles are most definitely RHD/LHD specific. The picture is proof enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts