Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for 5 point of new-gen 6 point camlocks, and would like FIA cert for the 4 year lifespan.

Where can I find them? I thought Gforce made them, but I looked at RacerWholesale and they don't have them...

I thought they had them for $120 at one point, or am I misremembering?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Rob I got my FIA 5 point cam locks from Racers wholesale when I had to update my Neons belts and they were on sale. It may have been a closeout or you may need to call them and see if you just need to ask for FIA certs. specifically.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
after 4 months of "next month" from g-force on fia 6 point, i turned to summit racing for rci 6 points..the "ultimate" series gets you one free rewb after 2 years, so they are good for 4 years. word is the scca, among others, is going to change the rule and even fia will only be good for 2 years..and about 140 if i recall correctly rob

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
correct..sfi were every 3 years, now 2 years....fia rating currently gets you four years....but as mentioned, that may change soon...and i know it has been mentioned before but again...after any major wreck that strectched the belts..toss em...even if they were brand new...

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike, they don't seem to be listed anymore. I wonder if they stopped because the suggestion the FIA cert wasn't going to be honoured by the SCCA anymore?

Regardless, I'm not really racing, so semantics doesn't matter. If I got FIA cert good for 5 years, that's good enough for me.

I see Speedware has a closeout on Sparco camlocks for $99, I'll check them out. I'm guessing they're FIA rated, but they don't advertise it as such.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just called, those belts are not FIA rated. Strange.

They will have a sale on their FIA Sparco belts, regular price $240, 10% off on the weekend.

For $100 for SFI camlocks, I might do that if Racer Wholesale doesn't have FIA's.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Before you leap, the belts gary's installed--

rci 6 points..the "ultimate" series gets you one free reweb after 2 years, so they are good for 4 years
Are an awfully good deal, just because of the free reweb.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
http://www.racerwholesale.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_70&products_id=186
Ask for Howard Bennett, he should be able to tell you if they are still available. Tell him Dave sent you.
" 5pt. Indiv. Shoulder Harness Set GF-C5000
G-FORCE GF-C5000 harness set now has FIA approvel!! Only the 5 way camlock with pull-down waist and pull down shoulder straps has FIA approval as of now. All G-FORCE Racing Gear belts are manufactured to the highest standards and have the freshest SFI dates possible "

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Mine runs out in 2007 and it is from Schroth for around $280 I think.3" with 2" side belts. Will be up for sale in 4qtr 2006 for cheap.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uh.... I need belts now, not 1 and a half years from now. Also, buying used belts is

Funny, I Sube Sports website is blocked by SMARTFILTER at work.

I called Racer Wholesale last night and the sales guy told me they still have the FIA belts for $109, I think that's what Rheacer linked to. They are made of Nylon, which I think is the standard American type material?

They said their Proseries are made of Polyester, which stretches less, and are FIA certified for $129.

I'll check RCI's next...

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Well I was just passing out the info. I could get you one from here in Germany and send it to you.

Check out Sandler or ISA Racing. Got mine at Sandler a few years back. Oh and both of those companies are in Germany.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Pro-Fi 2-6 Competion is the harness I have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts