Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Some Help Deciding Where To Install A Resonator Section I Just Purchased.

Here Is My Set Up

Volant Air Intake
Focus Sport Street Header
Focus Central Hi Flow Cat
Focus Sport Flex Pipe
MBRP Exhaust

The MBRP Has A Resonator Section In It Already But Since Installing The Hi Flow Cat The Exhaust Is Louder Than I Care For And Since I Recently Received A “Loud Muffler Ticket” I Agreed To Quiet It Down In Order To Get The Ticket Dismissed.

The Resonator Is Suppose To Quiet The Car Down 10 – 15 %

My Question Is Should I Install The Resonator Before Or After The MBRP Resonator In Order To Produce The Best Quieting Effect.

Don’t Know If It Would Mare A Difference, Just Thought I’d Ask.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I dont think it would make a difference.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
bmorezx3 has almost exact combo to yours...since his fc cat...his is too loud for his (and our) taste. he's bailin on that exhaust, and gettin somethin quieter

-Ult

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I've got the same setup other than the header I've got the JBA. I had a local muffler shop remove the stock MBRP resonator and weld in a 22" resonator. The MBRP is just a straight through pipe. It worked like a charm for me and cost about $45. I'll be replacing the rear can / muffler with a flowmaster later this week as it's still just a little too loud for me. I must be getting old.

EDIT: The resonator fix made the exhaust just slightly louder than my pre header and cat setup. It makes the car livable for daily driving and gets rid of that nasty loud bark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts