Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo all, I'm new here. Just got rid of my Hyundai Accent to jump into my Focus SE. I'm digging the little more power I've got. But I want more.

I'm looking for some quick and decent HP to start me out. What's everyone recommend if I'm trying to keep the price under $200 to start?

·
Registered
239 Posts
well As yu will see with all the replies you get everyone has there own opionin with Starter Mods!I know for 200 dollars yo can go with a Undrive pulley Kit for your can for about 120 dollars that is a good starter Mod! I KNow it is good for about 3 Horses!also you ca get one of those BoMZ Cold air intake kit from new edge performance for 120 and that is a good modification for the price! Also there are some Headers out there for under 200 dollars that free up some Horsepower! Just do your Homework. Most people I kno Start with Intake,Exhaust,Flex Pipe, and Headers to let your engine breath then they go for UDP , Cam Gears, Throttle Body, Performance chip etc etc!!and from there the possibilities almost seem endless just have fun! and Dont Forget the most important MOD of all!Focaljet Decal!!!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Under $200 your best bets are FC pulleys or the BOMZ intake. If you can spare a little more, do a Volant Intake ($249) or YoDude's special exhaust deal right now ($215)...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by SuperMatt:
Under $200 your best bets are FC pulleys or the BOMZ intake. If you can spare a little more, do a Volant Intake ($249) or YoDude's special exhaust deal right now ($215)...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sorry, I'm new to this. What's "FC Pulley"?
Whats the YoDude Special exhaust?

·
Registered
723 Posts
welcome to the jet

FC pulley- the focus central underdrive pulley.

YoDudeSpecial exhaust- i have no idea. i think he ment that YoDude is having a special deal on their exhaust for $215 which is pretty cheap for a exhaust.

is your car a 5-speed or an autotragic? if it's an auto, then get a diablosport chip. if you got a 5-speed then a pulley or intake (volant
) would probably be best to start with.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by spike:
welcome to the jet

FC pulley- the focus central underdrive pulley.

YoDudeSpecial exhaust- i have no idea. i think he ment that YoDude is having a special deal on their exhaust for $215 which is pretty cheap for a exhaust.

is your car a 5-speed or an autotragic? if it's an auto, then get a diablosport chip. if you got a 5-speed then a pulley or intake (volant
) would probably be best to start with.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's an Auto. No complaints though. Auto is great for michigan rush hour

So what will the diablochip get me? HP wise that is? and price?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
First off, lets find out what engine he has since the SE model has 2 options 1) SPI and 2) Zetec. Once you get that out of the way then we can recommend what you should do.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by SE SPORTNY:
First off, lets find out what engine he has since the SE model has 2 options 1) SPI and 2) Zetec. Once you get that out of the way then we can recommend what you should do.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's the Zetec. Zetec Automatic. SE Sedan. 4 door. Ford. Focus. Tires. Trunk. Think that about covers everything!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Originally posted by SE SPORTNY:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hehe. i forgot you could get an SE with the SPI and ASSumed it was a zetec..

·
Registered
144 Posts
if you want to start off with a the most bang for your buck. i have a 3 piece power pully kit and a 65 mm throttle body that i will let got for 250.00 for both.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I dunno. The whole intake thing I think it over rated. I have an AEM myself and reinstalled my factory for winter. The only difference is I took off the resonator, dropped in a K&N filter, and put on an SVT snorkle. For about $55, I got the same sound and almost the same (hardly noticed) pick up. If I had to do it again, I'd just use the modified stock setup like I have now and go with a 2.25" stainless steel catback. I have a Thermal, which is a bit over $200, but the YoDude deal sounds good to me. Afterwards, free up some more airflow with a flexpipe and headers. That should get you going!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Originally posted by big blue focus:
if you want to start off with a the most bang for your buck. i have a 3 piece power pully kit and a 65 mm throttle body that i will let got for 250.00 for both.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">now this would be a good start!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
for around $200 you can't go wrong with a diablosport chip for your auto. this is the biggest improvement for autos out of the box. after that a udp, tuned cam gears, FC TB, Off road pipe and cat-back will net you the best gains for the $.

Nate

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
they guy on here Ultegra... -Ult would want you do go with the FC TB 65mm...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Originally posted by zeebone:
Anyone?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">maybe a ponie or two...not much...most people say the chip really improves the divability of the car by getting rid of the initial tip in retardation and a few other things. The chips seem to help out the poor ATXers more than people w/ a manual.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts