Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm frustrated as al get out...my car has NO balls before like 4000....stock internals, complete 2 1/4 inch exhaust, with the shorty/cat-bypass set up which is SUPPOSED to give more torque than the raceheader..Volant Intake, and FC 3 pc UDPs....now what I want to know is, which cams should I get for the best low end torque gain??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ford Racing Stage II Cams from McNew's.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I was thinking, but arnt they just someone else's cams rebadged???

·
Registered
204 Posts
yes, they are crane's. my buddy has some for sale in the classifieds...

·
Registered
67 Posts
According to my cam spec card and the spec card that Crane supplies on their website, they are exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
your buddy isn't very good at responding!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Not to try to talk you out of getting cams, but you might want to invest in just cam gears first. I installed my gears before my cams and was shocked with the difference. Above 4500 the car just hauls! I used -6 -4 for the setting as was really surprised with the results. I think I appreciate where my cams make their power more now after driving around for a month with the stock cams adjusted. As for gaining low end torque I'm not sure all I can tell you is that you won't loose any low end with just gears.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
i have been thinking about getting cams and/or cam gears. i am so confused as to prices, grinds, power, and who makes what and who renames other peoples stuf. could some on please advise me as to what would be the best choise. i drive on the streat most of the time. i would like to have plent of power for when i need to pass some one on the highway (wink wink) and also power off the line. i have realy got no mods right now. i am also looking into the complete svt exhaust!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Crane offers three different cam grinds for the Focus.

Grind #0010 (Stage 1)-Good low-end power, strong mid-range. Automatic or manual transmission. For max HP and RPM use low restriction aftermarket air intake and header w/free-flow exhaust. RPM range: Idle to 6,500

Grind #0012 (Stage 2)-Stout Street/Track profile. Manual transmission w/headers and free-flow exhaust. RPM range: 2,000 - 7,000

Grind #0014 (Stage 3)-Radical Street/Strip profile. Manual transmission w/headers. CNC Ported heads w/port matched intake. Increased Compression recommended: 10:5 - 12:0. Excellent Power naturally aspirated PLUS super nitrous cam or supercharger. RPM range: 3,000 - 8,000

This is information available on www.modernperformance.com and www.cranecams.com.

Laterz!
Gerardo Garcia III

·
Registered
18 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT SOME CRANE 2 CAMS FROM KENNYS PERFORMANCE GARAGE FOR ONLY 200 DOLLERS! THEY ARE BRAND SPANKING NEW YOU GUYS SHOULD CALL HIM UP HE HAS GREAT PRICES

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
thanks G. I needed that

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
cheapest and nice performing are crower stage II's..
Plus its a drop in and go mod...Im makin nice power with them with no tuning at all yet...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
cheapest and nice performing are crower stage II's..
Plus its a drop in and go mod...Im makin nice power with them with no tuning at all yet...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I definately believe and agree with him! I don't have the Crower stage II's, not am I gonna get them, but those are some damn good dams!! I am gonna get some Kent cams from FocusSport probably a custom grind once I figure out what I need.

Vince do your crower's have the little pins at the end for the cam gears so they don't slip??? I know the Kent's have them!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
So crane's are torquey, huh? How's the idle and do I need shims or anything to drop them in or are they a straight drop in? Do they have a warranty?

·
Registered
67 Posts
The clearance was checked on all my valves and the cams were still in spec with the stock buckets. If Crower says their cams are drop and go I don't see why the Cran/FR would be any different since they are more mild then the crowers. My car does idle fairly rough, with the way my cams are set. The idle was fine before we tuned my gears, now it is a bit rougher since I got poly motor mounts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Does somebody here is running cat cams 264 ???

What do you guys thinking about it ???

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by bozitega:
I JUST BOUGHT SOME CRANE 2 CAMS FROM KENNYS PERFORMANCE GARAGE FOR ONLY 200 DOLLERS! THEY ARE BRAND SPANKING NEW YOU GUYS SHOULD CALL HIM UP HE HAS GREAT PRICES
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Why bother posting something like this with no phone number or web site. Stop teasing us!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Well tuck your pecker between your legs and walk in circles. I just talked to Kenny's and that was a one time deal. They did say that they will sell them for $340 though.
Thanks for the info Modifyyourfocus. That's what I needed. I'll bug you in a couple days when I get them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts