Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not as concerned about what it osunds like but more how much power it gives me. Any reccomendations?? There are just so many to choose from..I am thinking the FS/NuFormz one from FS...

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
since most all exh systems 4 most of our cars (NA, no boost) usually yield similar results. go after other issues 2 decide. Sound levels? Price? Loox? race header/hi-flo cat/ORP in ur future-thus Sound again? and which sponsor u want 2 buy from.

these and a couple others should b ur main concern. house favorites seem 2 b the bosal, thermal, FS, Magnaflow, MBRP, etc. check out the many threads that addresses many and each of these systems 2 better aide u in ur final choice 4 ur application. this is a pretty broad post, yet realize many will talk up the 1 they have. b mindful of that, but remember its ur application thats important.

lastly, as briefly mentioned above, u have 2 also take into consideration future exhaust work. if u get more aggressive u might want 2 start w/a quieter system 2 avoid the fuzz later. also whether u will consider boost in the future will impact ur decision. good luck.

-Ult

·
Registered
406 Posts
Uncle Ulty has a point man... performance gains will be the same if not by a pony or two.. consider sound and how far you wanna take it...

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
UltegraSTI that read like the bigest fortun cookie i have ever seen. "listen and you will learn young grasshoper"

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Thermal R+D gives the best gains for the money. if you're looking for straight up power i have heard of this exhaust making upwards of 5-7hp and it's not that loud at all.

not many people have the FS/Nuformz simply because of price. why spend $600 on an exhaust that's going to give you minimal gains over the thermal (about $400) with a HUGE increase in noise.

if you're looking for power thermal is the way to go. the best part is even with a race header and a flex pipe it's still not as lound as some of the other exhausts.

Nate

EDIT: i know you said sound wasn't an issue, but once you hear an exhaust like the MBRP with a race header/flex setup you'll know why a quieter exhaust to start is a very good thing. LOUD!!!!!

[ 01-04-2003, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Bmorezx3 ]

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
How bout what exhaust gives best gains for a future turbo application .. I'd rather have a 2.5" right now since it'll be better later but don't want a 3" because it'll suck for now ..

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by subliminal kid:
HKS has worked wonders for me...

-jesse
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So Jesse likes?
I thought I was going to drive up north so you could take a listen.

·
Registered
538 Posts
who sells thermal? If they make it in 3 inch would this be a good set up for a off-road pipe or turbo?

This would be for a SVT.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The real Eric Lindros left the Flyers
because he couldn't handle their bruising, physical style of play.

Oh yeah...I would get a Bosal...great build and some of the best gains, and an awesome sound

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i dont really dig the bosal's sound.. i mean, it sounds good, and its not too ricey, but its just a lil too low and mellow for me... hence my exhaust.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys!About smog check for cars with race header and no catalytic converter.Any of you with those mods and living in So California had problem with that?Please answer.Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yes u have to take off the race header. just leave the exhaust on and u will be fine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts