Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which exhaust gives the most wheel HP gain?
ive searched and ive searched... ppl only say "i like it alot" um ok... like that helps.

ive heard claims that vibrant gives 7-8 whp but is very louddddd others say 2 whp gain.

so lets see any1 kno what these exhauts give?
bosal
boral
AEM
Vibrant
MBRP
MagnaFlow
PaceSetter
Focus Sport
Thermal
Apex

thx

·
Registered
871 Posts
i am curious as well, i was told by a GOOD friend that there are 2 really good exaust for the focus. he wrote them down and gave them to me but i am too lazy to go out to the car and get them right now. i will post them later.

·
Registered
871 Posts
mbrp was one of them

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thermal, I do believe...

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
they all give close 2 the same 4 each size dia., pick 1 based on ur tastes, type of metal/coating, noise, and price.

-Ult

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't know about whp gains but I have the thermal I like it. It hs more of a deep tone not like the buzzy honda sound. It seems to be more expensive though.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Yup .. in the end of things .. When its all said and done..

1-2hp difference wont mean anything.

Pick the one with the nicest look and sound, and go with it.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
There will soon be a "Shoot-Out" Comparison of all of the top brands which should yield some nice comparison #'s on HP, Volume, Price, Quality, etc....

·
Registered
210 Posts
One system not mentioned above is the Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back. It is a 2" system and has the best lowend and midrange power increase Ive found. Ive used Borla and Pacesetter.The Flowmaster gave me the most noticeable gains. Hopefully it will be added to the test list so we can all see the results.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well guys, I have a custom exhaust so I cannot speak for any brand's gains but the exhaust setup (engine-back - starting from engine to the tip) was what changed my car the most...

This does not mean any brand differs from another but "ehaust matters"

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by tdot-zx3:
Yup .. in the end of things .. When its all said and done..

1-2hp difference wont mean anything.

Pick the one with the nicest look and sound, and go with it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Right on. The power differences are probably not even there. Just go for a high quality one, with a good finish.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so whats a high quality exhaust?

·
Registered
158 Posts
HKS, that's a quality exhaust. If you can afford it, its the way to go.

G

·
0 Posts
I wish Tanabe and Greddy made cat back exhaust for focus as well. They are high quality for sure. Don't forget Apex-i.

=dRe=

1 - 17 of 17 Posts