Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have FocusSport race header/stock flex pipe/Borla catback setup... and would like to get the aftermarket flex pipe also.
I am looking either FocusSport flex pipe or Bosal flex pipe, so which is better? (I consider Bosal also because it is stainless steel, but which one is better for the setup in your opinion?)
thanks

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
either 1, bosal has more stainless than coated, yet the FS is good and its 30bux cheaper (100 vs 130).

i have an FS, few buds of mine have bosals....either way, u win.

-Ult

·
Registered
212 Posts
myperfomanceford has Bosal pipe on sale for $109.00

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
coo, then get that then, yeah i have an FS, but the bosal is a cool piece and if it can b had 4 110...score.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I have the Borla catback with the Bosal flex great setup. Highly recommended, and nothing can bet Ray's service from myFordPerformance . Hope this helps ya out.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by airforcefocus:
The FS flex will probably mate up with the race header better and they make a quality product. No camplaints here.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's my only concern...
I LOVE Bosal Stuff, but I have a FS Flex-Pipe,(Since the Bosal wasn't out yet), and I had to bore the holes in the flange wider to make everything mate up. I'm pretty sure it was designed to work w/ the 1st gen Race-Header. (They may have changed this in newer production runs...???)
DID you have to do any boring to mate Your Race-Header to the Stock Flex???
If not, I'd recommend the Bosal.
If the fit was odd, go w/ the FS.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea I've bored out the flange wider on the race header to fit the stock flex... well.. so I don't think there's a problem for me to fit the bosal..
ok.. besides stainless steel.. is there really a different power gain on the 2? or the sounding different?
or... no? or close?

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
The FS flex will probably mate up with the race header better and they make a quality product. No camplaints here.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Originally posted by YELO-ZX3:
is there really a different power gain on the 2? or the sounding different?
or... no? or close?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nope and Nope..
There virtually identical.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts