Ford Focus Forum banner

which flex pipe is better?

406 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  tdot-zx3 
#1 ·
I currently have FocusSport race header/stock flex pipe/Borla catback setup... and would like to get the aftermarket flex pipe also.
I am looking either FocusSport flex pipe or Bosal flex pipe, so which is better? (I consider Bosal also because it is stainless steel, but which one is better for the setup in your opinion?)
thanks

#7 ·
Originally posted by airforcefocus:
The FS flex will probably mate up with the race header better and they make a quality product. No camplaints here.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's my only concern...
I LOVE Bosal Stuff, but I have a FS Flex-Pipe,(Since the Bosal wasn't out yet), and I had to bore the holes in the flange wider to make everything mate up. I'm pretty sure it was designed to work w/ the 1st gen Race-Header. (They may have changed this in newer production runs...???)
DID you have to do any boring to mate Your Race-Header to the Stock Flex???
If not, I'd recommend the Bosal.
If the fit was odd, go w/ the FS.

#8 ·
yea I've bored out the flange wider on the race header to fit the stock flex... well.. so I don't think there's a problem for me to fit the bosal..
ok.. besides stainless steel.. is there really a different power gain on the 2? or the sounding different?
or... no? or close?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.