Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.. I just got the FS race header installed (i have stock flex and borla exhaust, the reason i got the stock flex was because the header is 2nd handed)
so now i want to get rid of the stock flex mostly because i think it made the exhuast sound really bad.. too much "bla bla bla" sound.. (i think that's because so much air going from a 2 1/2" pipe into a 1 7/8" is that right? the stock flex will affect the exhaust sound right? can anyone tell me?)
anyways, which flex pipe should i get? FS, FC, or Bosal ?? or doesn't really matter?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Based on quality, I recommend the FS or Bosal flex-pipe.

I have the FC flex-pipe and it has cracks on it and is leaking.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Focus Sport. You have a FocusSport header, may as well go with the flex-pipe too since they were practically engineered together.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I'll DEFINITELY concur w/ the above posts, but I don't know what you're talking about when you describe the sound....????
Besides, Power FIRST, Right?

·
Registered
745 Posts
the blah,blah,blah is the beauty of the longtube header...equal length runners that create a good and power building vacuum within the engine. the reason to get the flex pipe is so that your improved exhaust flow (ie header and axle-back exhaust) doesn't have a bottleneck. it could sound a little rough because of the bottle neck...but not too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts