Ford Focus Forum banner

Which Focus to buy?

950 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Matt Spencer 
#1 ·
I'm looking into buying a focus for about 13-14k max hopefully, after rebates and trade-in (probably worth $500). Here is what I have determined so far, but I was hoping if someone could help point me in a better direction they would. I've pretty much determined that I want a Focus, either new, one year old and still new, or two years old and low miles used.

I want to have power windows and locks, cruise control, and remote entry. This would mean that the SE Comfort is a good choice.

I want to have enough power in the engine, while still getting good gas mileage, leading me to look at a manual Zetec engine.

I don't like or need a hatchback, so I would prefer the Sedan model.

I don't like sport suspensions because of their hard ride. So I think this means the ZTS is out.

So I am looking in to the Sedan SE Comfort Zetec, and I would prefer a 2002 or newer model because of 2000 and 2001's model problems. Can anyone give me advice on pricing, what to look into, and maybe the best deal for this model?

Thanks

See less See more
#7 ·
Originally posted by Matt Spencer:
I don't like sport suspensions because of their hard ride. So I think this means the ZTS is out.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There is nothing different about an SE's suspension verses a ZTS' suspension. Although I do believe that the ZTS has larger sway bars, can anyone confirm this? Anyway, I have an 01 ZTS and I absolutely love it. Feel free to instant message me or PM me concerning anything about my car. ~Tim

#8 ·
Originally posted by ZTS_Dude:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Matt Spencer:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There is nothing different about an SE's suspension verses a ZTS' suspension. Although I do believe that the ZTS has larger sway bars, can anyone confirm this? Anyway, I have an 01 ZTS and I absolutely love it. Feel free to instant message me or PM me concerning anything about my car. ~Tim</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">All zetec powered foci have the same suspension. The SE Comfort with Zetec and the ZTS are mechanically identicle, they only differ in trin and options etc. The zetec foci get a 21mm front bar and a 20mm rear bar, the spi foci have a 18mm front and no rear bar at all. Springs and dampers are the same for all. So with the SE sedan the suspsension depends on which motor you choose.

#9 ·
Don't buy one. Hondas last longer and are better. Reply all you want beotches
j/p

#11 ·
the seats the seats the seats it's all in the seats my friend zx3 seats have a way of hugging you the zts seats suck...how do i know i have a zx3 my mom has a zts and she loves my seats the zts seats feel too woody hard the zx3 are sports style seating i by no means am a small guy 6'2 275 but the zx3 feels alot more better to me....but thats my

#12 ·
Well, the only reason you want the SE Comfort is the Zetec. Everything else you listed is standard with the SE.

If you want good gas milage, I wouldnt go for the Zetec. After reading all the "What kind of milage do you get" threads, I am SO glad I got an SPI, since I'm hitting ~35 mpg. 31 if its all city driving. There are Zetec owners praying for 20 mpg.

And 20 hp is EASILY made up for, and it would cost about the same.

That being said, if possible you should wait for the 2.3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.