Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent in some crower cams to get warranty replacement. The ones I sent in were 1st gen stage 2 cams. I am trying to figure out if they sent me gen 2 cams as a replacement. The spec card enclosed says:

Advertised Camshaft Specs:
intake: duration 256 / lift .413
exhaust: duration 252 / lift .393

Specs at the cam:
intake: adv 280 / .050 232 / lift .413
exhaust: adv 276 / .050 228 / lift .393

If you need more off the spec card, let me know.

I guess if someone knows which gen they have can compare these numbers, we should be able to figure it out.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
222 Posts
you lucky bastard! those are the new crowers. crower revised their cams a few months ago and came up with new specs for them. the ones you got are still their stage 2 but they are the all motor st. 2's, they also have a FI st. 2 that was a .393 intake and exhaust. their st. 3 are much more aggressive.
http://www.crower.com/misc/m_cat.shtml look in here at page 56 gives the new specs for the focus

geoff

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
dead giveaway on most of the 2nd gens is alignment dowel pins. most all of the new ones come with em, not all, if you have em, they're the new ones. bastard, i got 1st gens.
haha, nice score.

g

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, I have the allignment pins. COol, From what I understand, the hp and tq is more balanced on this version. Or am I wrong??

Thanks again,

Mike

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
i got mine from charlesWA for 320 i think

2nd gen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts