Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am for the time being trying to pick the best head package.. I have seen that focus sport seems to have theirs stuff together and have the most complete kit, whereas focus racing and gude and focus central are all runing just as if not more impressive numbers. I would just like a little help choosing, also I am in the military so money is a thing here, I have some and I have plastic and the will to make my car faster so basically the best bang for my buck.. I am leaning towards the focus sport kit but- Nader _189 whp and 165 ftlbs!?!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trust me randy, I am quite sceptical myself about the others.. I am definetly leaning towards the focus sport, mainly because of the testing and good numbers, but you are also the only one with everything for the most part together and have a price on it.. thanx jake

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you so much for your input, I think that you can expect a call from me very soon.. Unless someone can sway me.. But I think that this is the best way

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Randy
I was wondering if on your cars that you tested your head package on- what other mods were you running (ie cam gears, header, or race header) ? I would just like to know if I will be able to achieve your numbers without stripping down everything and starting again? Thanx again for your assistance, I should be ordering here soon.
thanx
jake

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
I have over 30,000 miles on my Focussport head package without ANY issues at all. I think all of Team So-Cal can verify that. You cannot go wrong with these guys, the customer service is outstanding and cannot be beat.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Originally posted by airforcefocus:
I have over 30,000 miles on my Focussport head package without ANY issues at all. I think all of Team So-Cal can verify that. You cannot go wrong with these guys, the customer service is outstanding and cannot be beat.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">don't have the FS head package, but I have bought from them. good customer service. I am going with the Ford Racing head, but it is not a complete package and runs at the stock compression ratio. this is good for me cuz I plan ona supercharger later.

·
Registered
158 Posts
yes, focus sport does have great service and products. I, however, went with FC because i wanted a head custom built. I've got oversized SS valves, springs & retainers, custom ground cams and STOCK compression. I dyno'd at 165whp and 150lbs tq. It's all up to what you're looking for.

[ 03-26-2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Saleen317 ]

·
Registered
375 Posts
Originally posted by Saleen317:
yes, focus sport does have great service and products. I, however, went with FC because i wanted a head custom built. I've got oversized SS valves, springs & retainers, custom ground cams and STOCK compression. I dyno'd at 165whp and 150lbs tq. It's all up to what you're looking for.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Agreed, have heard nothing but very powerful heads coming out of FC with good reliability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts