Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the Injen Gen III with SVT snorkle and Iceman add on duct works great not loud, but can not use 70 mm MAF unless I do some mod and cutting.

Want to use 70mm maf, which intake is the best set-up for this? Do my injectors need to be changed? and does the Maf need to be calibrated or does it come calibrated?

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can use a volant or any upper intake elbow with the MAF connected then a cone filter on the end. You can mod a MAC intake or an Iceman also. I would get rid of that Injen intake, everything made by them is junk IMO! Also, the 70mm MAF is pretty much a waste of money unless you are going to do many more mods. Whether it makes power or not has so far been inconclusive.

Their is a guy I know, works on alot of foci. Has lots of experience with these cars, he recently has been making and trying different intake set ups. Everything from CAI to shorty style intakes, in fact he is modding the ford racing manifolds. Pm me if you want to get in touch with him, he can make anything you want.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can use a volant or any upper intake elbow with the MAF connected then a cone filter on the end. You can mod a MAC intake or an Iceman also. I would get rid of that Injen intake, everything made by them is junk IMO! Also, the 70mm MAF is pretty much a waste of money unless you are going to do many more mods. Whether it makes power or not has so far been inconclusive.

Their is a guy I know, works on alot of foci. Has lots of experience with these cars, he recently has been making and trying different intake set ups. Everything from CAI to shorty style intakes, in fact he is modding the ford racing manifolds. Pm me if you want to get in touch with him, he can make anything you want.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I had to find some 3 1/4" hose to connect my 70MM mafs to the65mm tb. They are closer together in size than most other cai pipes. I then screwed the mafs to my volant box. It works great-nothing less than 3 1/4" diameter from the intake tube below the fender to the tb. It wouldn't make sense to put it on if there is another part of the intake (such as stock TB or any common intake tubing) that is significantly smaller in diameter than the 70mm mafs. I agree about the usefullness of the 70mm mafs-I have the JRSC (160hp at the wheels) on my car with headers, random tech cat, and intake mods and I need all the air I can get so for that type of an engine it makes a difference. I had to put my stock mafs back on a few days ago when I sent my 70mm unit back to Pro Flow to get recalibrated for the 42 lb injectors I ordered and I really feel the difference with the old mafs back on. When I ordered it originally, it was "calibrated" for the mods I had on the car at the time which were just the JRSC, volant intake and MBRP catback. I really didn't notice any difference when I first put it on.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Just order the entire "kit" that includes the intake and heat shiled with the MAFS..then its bamm boom direct fit bolt on good to go

1 - 5 of 5 Posts