Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get back from boot camp in June I'm gonna have plenty of money and nothing to spend it on, but the good ole Focus ZX3. Which would be better for me to get; a Jackson Racing Supercharger, or separate engine parts such as clutch, headers, intake, etc...?? And if the answer is the supercharger, what do I need to get with it and not mess anything up?? I know I would need a bigger exhaust, but do I need a better clutch or what?? And finally, which of these choices would be cheaper?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Well....Which is better? It depends, different people are gonna say different things. Many will say to turbo it or the jrsc, or nitrous. Your sig says you have no mods as of yet. So start off with the little things like suspension, intake, exaust, header, ported TB, or something to that extent. Then go FI, once you let your car breathe better(ie. intake and exaust) FI is a better option. Im no pro on this stuff. I barely have an mods to brag about but I've read enough posts in the different forums and such to have this little bit of info. Ill share my plans for my car with you...AEM CAI(done),Exaust(done),FC Race header(done), suspension(done), Ported TB(coming soon) Stage 1 Cams(future) and of course the JRSC. As soon as I can pull the money out my ass I'll have these mods. Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Grrrrr

I've only been a member since the beginning of the summer - does this ever end or is this pretty much the FJ experience???

·
Registered
970 Posts
FI is forced induction, this means i think, getting more horsepower w/o using turbos or blowers or super chargers, usually by doing head work, better piston, rods, etc etc.

I think, if I am wrong correct me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Re: Grrrrr

I've only been a member since the beginning of the summer - does this ever end or is this pretty much the FJ experience???
-it's a never ending cycle. new people come and ask which is the best exhaust system, where to get started, or what to do next. it's all good, there's alway people willing to offer a bit of advice, but most people don't understand how subjective the issue is. the good thing is that new blood keep this place moving

some people will tell you to go FI, some will tell you go N/A, some will tell you to go with handling, some with looks. it's better to have a solid idea of where you want to get started and then ask advice about the best way to tackle it, I think.

-FI stands for forced induction (superchargers, aerochargers, turbos). most websites will say that race headers are for offroad (track) use only, but people either don't care or find another solution to meet emissions standards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Grrrrr

-it's a never ending cycle. new people come and ask which is the best exhaust system, where to get started, or what to do next. it's all good, there's alway people willing to offer a bit of advice, but most people don't understand how subjective the issue is. the good thing is that new blood keep this place moving

some people will tell you to go FI, some will tell you go N/A, some will tell you to go with handling, some with looks. it's better to have a solid idea of where you want to get started and then ask advice about the best way to tackle it, I think.

-FI stands for forced induction (superchargers, aerochargers, turbos). most websites will say that race headers are for offroad (track) use only, but people either don't care or find another solution to meet emissions standards.
we don't have emission tests here so that's no problem... i was just wondering if it wouldn't work right at low rpm's or whatever... and I don't want my car to be all show and no go like honda's haha, I wanna get a body kit, convert to power locks & windows, an alarm, rims & tires, dvd player & screen, and i just didn't know what to do about the engine. I really want the JR supercharger, but if I have to spend $3,000 for that and then get all kinds of other stuff such as the exhaust and headers, I thought that I might as well just save money and get exhaust, headers, intake, cluth/flywheel, cam gears & shafts, whatever else I need, and maybe a NOS kit... but I just want the most "bang for the buck" I guess...

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
FI is forced induction, this means i think, getting more horsepower w/o using turbos or blowers or super chargers, usually by doing head work, better piston, rods, etc etc.

You Are Incorrect.
Forced Induction Means USING Blowers or Turbo, etc to FORCE the Air into the Engine.
Lack of FI is referred to as N/A aka Naturally Aspirated.

·
Registered
659 Posts
if I had it to do over again go turbo. Thats what I'm going for now because you get alot of power all the time. JRSC is really a waste of money it only gives you like 48 hp to the wheels, and your still going to get beat up on the street. Save up and go turbo.

·
Registered
970 Posts

You Are Incorrect.
Forced Induction Means USING Blowers or Turbo, etc to FORCE the Air into the Engine.
Lack of FI is referred to as N/A aka Naturally Aspirated.
thank you sir for correcting my momentary brain fart

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.