Ford Focus Forum banner

Which new (Gen III) Focus model do you own?

• S Sedan

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • SE Sedan

Votes: 35 11.3%
  • SE Hatchback

Votes: 119 38.4%
  • SEL Sedan

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • SEL Hatchback

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • Titanium Sedan

Votes: 17 5.5%
  • Titanium Hatchback

Votes: 73 23.5%
  • ST

Votes: 22 7.1%
101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Titanium Sterling Gray Handling pak, sunroof, MFT, Sirius, Leather, DCT, .....
[/IMG]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Re: Which 2012 do you own?

Just picked this up on Friday after many trials and tribulations--totally worth it! 2012 Titanium Hatch, Tuxedo Black, Charcoal cloth, DCT, Moonroof, Winter Package. It was home for 15 minutes before the K&N drop-in was, well, dropped-in. Planning on a cat-back, maybe some different wheels; "Early" Ti engine cover is on the way, along with a set of VentVisors. Oh yeah, and the FocalJet plate frame!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Almost a year since this thread started, I added #174 to the poll.

Red Candy 5Dr Hatch SEL, 303a package, 17"s, Winter package, Remote Start, keyless entry, Built 6/12
Have burned one tank (11.4 gals) w 315 miles on the Odo, minor appearance mods to follow
No pics now since it's bone stock like my avatar..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys - first post on here.
This will be my 4th Focus and first brand new one!
I actually work for Ford here in Dubai.
Just ordered myself the '12 Titanium Hatchback, in Mars Red, with 17" inch alloys. Gonna have at least 40-50% tint on all windows for starters, and would love to hear some feedback about mods etc. Car will be arriving in port on 20th July and should be able to drive it by 25-26th. Will post pics as soon as possible! Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered a new Yellow Titanium Hatchback from Afghanistan!! I cant wait to get home and pick it up!! Should make my daily commute a lot more enjoyable!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
I cannot vote as my variant (wagon) is not available, but thought I would share my driveway with all Gens

2002 Trend (SE) Moondust Silver 1.6L 5spd 99hp
2007 Ghia Panther Black 1.6L 5spd 115hp
2012 Titanium Lunar Sky (in some markets called Brisbane Brown) 1.6L Powershift 125hp

·
Grassroots Sponsor
245 Posts
As of my vote just now, 70% are hatchbacks! See Ford, we did want a hatchback from 2008-2010.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
^^ this. That hideous beast was barely Mk1.5. Ford really captured the essence of what made the first Focus so striking in the late 1990s with the MkIII, though. Although I'm not a wagon kind of guy, I really wish we'd have gotten one here in the US.

·
Registered
161 Posts

Heres a pic of my new 2013 SE when i got the 2013 it had zero miles they just unloaded it of the truck.

·
Registered
768 Posts
^^ this. That hideous beast was barely Mk1.5. Ford really captured the essence of what made the first Focus so striking in the late 1990s with the MkIII, though. Although I'm not a wagon kind of guy, I really wish we'd have gotten one here in the US.

I sort of get why some people want the wagon in the US, especially having seen Wagonguy's red '00 wagon. But the new one....the back end is... Agh. I don't have any words to describe how sick to my stomach it makes me, haha. No offense to any Mk. III Eurowagonfolk.

Is it just me, or do others think the '12 SE Sport pack will become one of the more sought after secondary/used market versions of the III? The new Black Pack seems to hit the same points, but with extras people might not want (MFT, for example).

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just rolled up on 900 miles with my 2012 sel hatchback. just a couple options away from being a titanium.
loving it !

·
Registered
899 Posts
2013 SE Hatch. So glad to be back in a focus. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
'12 SE Hatch red, I HATE the auto tranny, but since I didn't have time to save another 2k $ to buy a new one with a stick (I don't go into debt for cars) before my '01 SE sedan 5 spd failed it's last inspection, it was what I could afford. Now I see the same dealer offering the SE hatch for what my used one cost, argh!
So far I have gotten to drive it in snow, the stock tires work great, the traction control took over climbing snowy hills and I couldn't tell except for the light flashing on the speedo. I got to take a nice trip to southern VT for work and car corners like it is on rails even at 10 over the limit. I loved the handling my '01 had, I called it the go-cart, this car blows it away. the old focus had plenty of over-steer, this one took every corner with out a squeal.
Other than the weird clutch chatter feel pulling out of stops and even more weird lurches during long stop lights, I can't fault the tranny. I would love to know where Ford pulled the 36 mpg rating from, my car estimates 31.7 mpg and I drive mostly highway.
I was ready to settle for a sedan when I went to the dealer until I opened both style trunks next to each other, the sedan lid is shaped funny and the trunk is a low slot with an off set opening that I could see being a big pain to live with. I can get to the whole trunk in the hatch and with the seats folded will get a huge usable space for big stuff. Plus the hatch just looks so much cooler!
I ordered a kurt receiver hitch the day I bought the car, which went on easy (home-built teardrop trailer), and got a 1 1/4" cargo carry rack for the hitch for stuff that won't go in the trunk. (I haul greasy oily type stuff around fixing airplanes for work)
For those who want the wagon here in the US, that is the new Escape here.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Is it just me, or do others think the '12 SE Sport pack will become one of the more sought after secondary/used market versions of the III? The new Black Pack seems to hit the same points, but with extras people might not want (MFT, for example).
Not just you. I got my 2012 late in the model year when the '13s were already arriving and I am so glad that I did. The combination of options in the '12 SE Sport was just about perfect. I don't understand why Ford got rid of it. There needs to be a sport type model for all the people who want an ST but cannot afford one. The Black Pack, while nice, isn't on target, IMO.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts