Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As subject says, which one works best with the Focus? I'm only looking to run a 50-75 shot. Price is not an issure.

·
Registered
217 Posts
most people are ether going to tell you to do a search or that the NX wet kit is the best
i got one of there kits and i am very happy with it
...later

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a AEM CAI, Ford racing cam gears, Ported t/b, Accel ignition coil, No cat and custom exhaust. I want to run a 75 shot is this doable? How will it affect engine longevity? Should I have the nitrous engage at 4000 rpm and disengage at 6100 rpm?

·
Registered
217 Posts
some are running 75 with no problem but i have heard some horry storys aswell (aka blown motors) so for now i am running a 50 shot but hopefully one day soon i will get the chipguy to make me a chip with a nos program on it were it will retard timing and so on....right now i am useing a msd window switch... i have it set to spray at 3k and go off at 6600... some may say to spray at like 3500 but i have the ford racing intake manifold so i figured it could handle it...as far as engine longevity do you mean like will it hurt the life of the engine??? if so i would have to say yes but buy how much i am not sure...i don't really worry about it cause my motors only got 31000 miles on it and i dout it will get another 30k before a diffrent fully built motor goes in for example zetec,duritec,or 302
...anymore questions fire away
oh and buy the way one of the reasons i have the ford racing intake manifold is cause about a year ago on my first dose of nitrous i wound up cracking the factory plastic POS to hell and back cause i was dumn and sprayed to soon in the rpm band and POP goes the intake

·
Registered
169 Posts
NX all the way!!!!!....simple to install and works so well, and the guys at NX are awesome to deal with and know their stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's not neccessarily the brand name, it's the safety options you install. Mandatory WOT switch, if you wanna be even safer an RPM window switch (set to engage between 3k and about 500 rpm before your rev limiter), and/or a Push button, not just the one that arms, but one that ya push to actually engage the solenoids.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts