Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. All things being said, I've got some money and time now to spend. Enough for one, single mod. The 3 things I'm looking at are:

1. steeda short throw shifter
2. SCT FocusSports chip (~5-8hp and 5-10 tq, but a better curve across the board, and no low end lag)
3. AEM or other brand intake.

Which should I do? Car is otherwise bone stock.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Tune - no question.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Tune - no question.
I will also agree if you only have one upgrade to do now.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
The Focus Power Tune

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
definately TUNE!!

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
TUUUNEEE!!

Not only are they great, but they improve gas mileage.. so they help pay for themselves!!

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
I would go with the tune and try to buy a used intake off of someone. Since they won't make a huge gain.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Ok. All things being said, I've got some money and time now to spend. Enough for one, single mod. The 3 things I'm looking at are:

1. steeda short throw shifter
2. SCT FocusSports chip (~5-8hp and 5-10 tq, but a better curve across the board, and no low end lag)
3. AEM or other brand intake.

Which should I do? Car is otherwise bone stock.
>>>pops head in<<<

If you want to try out the FS/SCT programs, now is the perfect time. Free express shipping if you order online, we'll give you a free extra program ( order RLA6 and get ZED0, for example ) and you can now take advantage of the cool user adjustable features like spark, idle, rev limit, fan activation, tire size adjustment, WOT fuel, etc.

>>>goes back to work<<<

·
Registered
686 Posts
i'd say go with the AEM first, because later on when you get a tune it will definitly complement that, or you can get the tune first from "hypnotic illusions" because he offers 1 year free upgrades when you purchase the xcal2 and within a year if you get the AEM or any other mod you can ask wayne to send you a new tune, plus if when you get new tunes you don't have to send the unit back to the dealer which is a hastle in my positioin because i would have to send to the US and back to Canada. also, i'm not putting FS down or anything it's just that i have tried it so that's why i'm reccommending it. but

also the amount of whp/wtq gained in wayne's tunes were seen as 20wtq at around 3-5 k rpms.

·
Registered
584 Posts
For sure the tune, love my Focus Sport/SCT tune...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts