Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of you will say that I should go for the HIDs, but what about the Hellas. I haven't seen anybody with the triple ones yet. I was also thinking about getting the Triple Morettes. So which ones Triple Hella or Mach audio HID?

So you can compare the two here are pics of both:

My stock headlights are starting to fade, so I figured this is a good time to get new headlights.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
to me it depends on the theme of your car. if you are goin for a clean look then the hellas, but if you want someone to say "damn!!! look at those headlights!" then go with the HID's. i think both look sick...but i wouldnt wanna have to pay 500 for the hellas and then pay to get them painted! so its up to you what kinda look you are goin with

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Re: Which ones headlights?.....Mach HID or Triple

I've had hellas and now have hid's. I do miss my hellas but the hid's are just badass. i will be doing the svt mod to my hid's here pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

i have the mach hids now, but i kinda wish i had gotten the hella triples. dont get me wrong i love the hids but the triples look so bad ass

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

I love my hella duals. the triples are cool too. definately think hellas are more eye catching than the machs. AND there are less people out there with hellas than machs since they are on SVTs now.

Jon

·
Registered
3,601 Posts

Don't they have an HID conversion for the Hella's?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

^ yes they do, but paying that much for the lights then the price for hid upgrade
WOW. I just put the same amount from the triples to the mach and got oem hids.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

How much different is the projection between the two? What about the color of the beam? The HID are purplish white, and the Hellas are the same color as stock lights, correct or not?

·
Registered
66 Posts

wow thats funny. i was gonna post this topic today. im torn between the two. i need more light to be on the road. i was thinking of just going with an hid with the stock housings, but i dont want to blind any incoming traffic. any opinions? sorry to hijack the thread.

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts

I gotta say I really didn't like the look of the Hella's at first since I LOVED the Mach's the first time I saw them but nwo I'd rather just have the Hella's. Don't the Hella's use regular bulbs in there? Low and High beam?
(BTW whats the third housing for??)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I gotta say I really didn't like the look of the Hella's at first since I LOVED the Mach's the first time I saw them but nwo I'd rather just have the Hella's. Don't the Hella's use regular bulbs in there? Low and High beam?
(BTW whats the third housing for??)
The Hella's do use a regular halogen as far as I know. You can convert them to real HIDs. I Don't know how much work is involved though. The third housing is for the turn signals, just like the triple morettes.

·
Registered
733 Posts

Ahhhh. Add some nice Hella bulbs or possibly Sylvania Silverstars.....me likey. I might have to get these the next time I have $400 laying around.
Not a chance, Silverstars do not come in H7.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ahhhh. Add some nice Hella bulbs or possibly Sylvania Silverstars.....me likey. I might have to get these the next time I have $400 laying around.
If they were only $400 then I would go ahead and get them right now, but they are a little over $500 + paint.

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts

I thought I saw the hellas at Mcnewsautomotive for $400?

JDM also makes someheadlights that look identical to the Hella's but I can't really find many places that sell them. They are 3 bulb housing also.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I thought I saw the hellas at Mcnewsautomotive for $400?

JDM also makes someheadlights that look identical to the Hella's but I can't really find many places that sell them. They are 3 bulb housing also.
I don't know about the JDM headlights, but the ones at Mcnews automotive are the dual hellas. I am talking about the triple hellas. www.european-parts.net is the only one that I know of that sells them right now.

·
Registered
392 Posts

Are there any HID's that have the turn signal in them?

Also, could I just switch out the guts for the HIDs and keep the part that makes the SVT look like it's got evil eyes?

I maybe asking newb questions but that just because I haven't had money to play with till now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts